Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice, I've been thinking of getting a Remus exhaust for the car, just wondering if I'd need to put a map on the car to accompany it or I could just keep it standard without any problems such as limp mode etc. I wanna keep the car standard engine wise as its my daily and don't wanna tempt fate and destroy the gearbox and P4 haha

Cheers guys

·
Super Moderator
3,961 Posts
Firstly, p4 and haha? Lol. It's not as common as you think. Look after the car and it'll look after you. Don't rake the car and change oil in the gearbox and engine. (Yearly gearbox)

Secondly. What sort of system do you want? Some other guys on here can advise you best if you've not done some research. I'm Not clued up in this area. @Jack.

Map after the exhaust is not strictly necessary but it will help with the running of the car for Cat back systems. Deffo.

What a car for a daily driver. Hope you've got plenty cheddar for petrol as its a thirsty pocket rocket the VXR.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had the vxr for 2 years and it's not skipped a beat even when it got hit by another car it drove wounded for 3 months haha, I pretty much want the system straight off the arctic edition but I've heard that it could put the car into limp mode or something? Maybe I've read that wrong but just wanted the advice off blokes who know more than me before I commit to buying a system

·
Registered
516 Posts
The remus/artic exhaust systems keep your standard catalytic converter so you won't have any issues with limp/lights coming on/mot etc.

You won't need a remap if the standard cat is still there.

Even if you removed the cat you still wouldn't need a remap, but it wouldn't drive as well, so it'd be recommended in that case.

Gearbox and P4 only go through abuse/lack of car - nothing to do with modifications.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
P4 Blew on mine haha.

I had a decat with a Remus system, My VXR blew at 8k.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts