Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a water pump change yesterday after the last one leaked all my coolant out. Apparently it’s the 2nd change and my car only has 69k 😬

Noticed there’s still a bit of air locked, I’m more used to filling the coolant, leaving the cap open and letting it bubble out when the cars on, but not sure what the mechanic did.

How do you use the air release nut thing on the radiator? Are you meant to have the car on, then open it to release the air? Or is the car meant to be off? Not sure which way around it works 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just had a water pump change yesterday after the last one leaked all my coolant out. Apparently it’s the 2nd change and my car only has 69k

Noticed there’s still a bit of air locked, I’m more used to filling the coolant, leaving the cap open and letting it bubble out when the cars on, but not sure what the mechanic did.

How do you use the air release nut thing on the radiator? Are you meant to have the car on, then open it to release the air? Or is the car meant to be off? Not sure which way around it works
I normally do it with the car on but not sure if your supposed to or not just always done it .

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just had a water pump change yesterday after the last one leaked all my coolant out. Apparently it’s the 2nd change and my car only has 69k

How do you use the air release nut thing on the radiator? Are you meant to have the car on, then open it to release the air? Or is the car meant to be off? Not sure which way around it works
Looked in Haynes and they said to do it with the engine off
Screenshot_2020-09-16-12-54-34-75.jpg

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I ended up doing it with the engine on, but I guess that’s good to know!
Luckily I saw a few bubbles squirt out when I opened it. Sadly I ended up snapping the bleed screw but with the thread still inside so no coolant leaks out 🤦‍♂️

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Yeah you can do it either way, think the bleed screw is a safer option but as for getting on with the job, letting the car sit there running gently popping and farting with the cap off is what 99.9% of spanner heroes will do as it’s easier and quicker that way and because of that 99.9% of bleed screws will knackered anyway!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts