Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I Am an opel user and just bought the vauxhall front chrome piece. I thought that removing the chrome piece would be easy but I cannot figure out how. Any tips?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
keith, all he wants to do is remove the silver bit. not the plastics.
i;m wanting to know how this is done too as i have to put the opel grille on - when it arrives :(

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Well when you get it just observe how the plastic joins the V then take it off the way you want, I have no idea how it is connected haha

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
keith, all he wants to do is remove the silver bit. not the plastics.
i;m wanting to know how this is done too as i have to put the opel grille on - when it arrives :(
Sorry, I thought he bought the full grille, and wanted to change that.

I think the silver's just clipped in with clips, so you should be able to prise it out. Ask Noddy, as I think he took his off to paint it, didn't he, unless he done it on the car?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's funny how people in the uk want the opel and the ones having opels want the vauxhall grille : )

Yes it is just clipped on, I tried to undo the clips but it still won't come out, maybe there are some other clips on the certral part near the opel logo. Cannot figure it out, were in 2 trying yesterday and in the end we gave up.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
no bugger it, its not that simple, there r 4 nuts screwed down wen u open up the bonnet, once unscrewed there are bout 8 clips behind that u can c but i couldn't get them off scared of breaking somthin so i just newspapered n masked the front of the car and painted the v instead

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally managed to remove it. The chrome strip is just clipped on. I had to brake two of the clips in order for it to get a little loose, after you break a couple of clips it is easy to unclip all other clips. Maybe with some patience you manage to unclip all of them without breaking any but it is difficult because it is too tight, and anyway it will go back in place even without all clips on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts