Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Corsa D.
Trying to change the above , The rear shoes and handbrake cables are needing to be changed , but the replacements from factors dont come up with the fittings in place. The cables appear to have a spring arrangement between the ferrule and the sheath end entering the drum/backplate , with an arrangement attaches over the shoe lever to retain the ferrule. Is this or has this arrangement done away with on aftermarket fittings
Has anyone done this please.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I’d suggest that the ferrule and springs are either part of a fitting kit or they’re re useable, as daft as it sounds, could always ring Vauxhall dealership and ask if they have a mechanic who’s brain you can pick?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes , since posting and climbing down from frustration , I had thought about that and looked up a few suppliers to see if there was any .
I am thinking now other outside manufacturers May not include these parts as the shoe lug the ferrule goes into is slightly different from the one I am removing .
However the shoes supplied just rely on the large spring Fitted to both old and new shoes.
need to find a Vauxhall man ! 🧐

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I have one with the aftermarket parking cable and shoes . I am told I need a retaining clip that keeps the cable securely to the backing plate , I am not sure what to look for as they don't come with the cable package and only available from Vauxhall in packets of 10. I cannot for the life of me find what I am looking for , does anyone out there had to convert to aftermarket and use these clips or what they look like. They would be u shaped and slip over the groove of the cable ferrule entering the back plate and securing the outer sheath inside the plate .

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
If you can’t re use the one you have, it might be worth trying eBay, it’s a dirty word to some but it’s gonna be cheaper than vx if you only need 2, then again if you get them from vx you have some spares for next time and you never know, there might be someone else that needs the clips and you’ll be able to help them and maybe get some 💰 for the spare bits back

1 - 5 of 5 Posts