Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, trying to fit a reversing camera to 2008 corsa d with a separate monitor.
The standard radio is cd30.
I have tried taking a supply from the reverse light wire going to the light cluster, as I did with my mazda 6, however cannot get camera to work.
I have tried running the camera directly from the battery and it works fine therefore the problem is the feed from the cluster.
I could run a feed from the fuse box but the camera will not cut in automatically when reverse is engaged, is there a way around this?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
You’ve definitely got the purple and blue wire as the feed? And earthed it? I’ve a wireless one and it’s no problem. If you’re not sure you’ve got the reverse feed you could always take the sidelight feed, switch lights on for reversing and use it that way, then unplug the monitor or put a switch on the power side of it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blue wire, narrow purple stripe. I tried touching the camera feed to eash of the other connectors in light plug and it did not work, connected it directly to the battery and worked straight away... Initially made a permanent connection to the reverse wire. Tried earth wire connected and disconnected (must earth through the rca lead as cameras work without black earth connected)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Fitted one to my vehicle and worked fine but I use led bulbs with pull down resistors.

If you put your ignition on then put it into reverse do the reverse lights work? Might be drawing to much power?

If they do work then id remove the reverse bulb and follow the centre connection back with a multi-meter with the outer pins and then make sure you are connecting it to the right wire that way just in case you have different colour wires to everyone else for some reason.

If they don't id either use LED bulbs with a pull down resistor on each side (5w) like I did but this depends on how much power your camera takes or a bypass relay of some sorts and then power it from your fuse box.

Hope this is of some help.

Edit: Found this which should work and is quite affordable if you need a bypass relay 12V CANBUS BYPASS RELAY CISBO PARKING SENSORS & REVERSING CAMERAS IGNITION POWER | eBay. (Haven't got one my self no can't grauntee it is any good but looks suitable)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried all connections, all wires in the plug with lights, reverse light, and fog lights on, all work but camera not working. Dark now, will remove bulb tomorrow and check connector.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have tried all connections, all wires in the plug with lights, reverse light, and fog lights on, all work but camera not working. Dark now, will remove bulb tomorrow and check connector.
Yeah, just check if the reverse lights work whilst the cameras connected. If it is a canbus problem and you need a bypass relay the lights will shutdown quickly if not they will stay on and this should indicate wether you need to change the wire its connected to.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Reading into the ad, it sounds like it will solve my problem, I'll email the seller and check, ta.
I honestly think it will from what you've said but Id still just double check with the reverse lights see if they stay on that should give a definite answer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do, cheers, I'm happy playing around with electrics but the canbus system I have never had to deal with before.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Will do, cheers, I'm happy playing around with electrics but the canbus system I have never had to deal with before.
Yep, i don't see the point in canbus on the corsas as it has just caused more problems than its solved and it doesn't reliably tell you of a bulb problem

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You’ve definitely got the purple and blue wire as the feed? And earthed it? I’ve a wireless one and it’s no problem. If you’re not sure you’ve got the reverse feed you could always take the sidelight feed, switch lights on for reversing and use it that way, then unplug the monitor or put a switch on the power side of it
If I used a sidelight feed camera would be on at night when lights are switched on, I prefer cockpit dark at night, I find even the parrot Bluetooth display distracting. Also if I took from another permanent live feed the camera would not power on automatically. Think I'll look into the canbus bypass relay, sounds promising.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi there. Sorry to introduce mysefl on topic but i'am also facing canbus problems. Got an Xtron headunit to an Corsa D 2013 model. It comes with canbus box unit witch as properly instaled but i got no swc. Unit was replaced, it was sugested by xtrons to connect red cable to other acc point in vehicle, got my canbus settings wright on unit, got canbox replaced and still no scw.
Xtrons states it might be due to my model it's a 2013 and they can't guarantee compability. What can i do?? than you

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi there. Sorry to introduce mysefl on topic but i'am also facing canbus problems. Got an Xtron headunit to an Corsa D 2013 model. It comes with canbus box unit witch as properly instaled but i got no swc. Unit was replaced, it was sugested by xtrons to connect red cable to other acc point in vehicle, got my canbus settings wright on unit, got canbox replaced and still no scw.
Xtrons states it might be due to my model it's a 2013 and they can't guarantee compability. What can i do?? than you
Anyway to just bypass the power and connect it directly to ignition live(cig lighter) or acc (key switch)?

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
What model head unit do you have I'll have a look into it. Not too much experience with xtrons stuff

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
it's a new Xtron PSD70VXL unit. They exchange canbus unit, everything works, bluetooh, radio, reverse camera except scw i don't get it.
Here's picture of canbus box. Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
sorry it's steer wheel control (swc) :) it's quite strange issue i have see headunits on this model that have functions working!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts