Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
yes yes i had an original T & C unit feat and controls on steer wheel worked! It's a 2013 Corsa D model
I've done some research and it seems you may need a separate adaptor for steering wheel controls in some cases.

This is listed in a post xtrons made on a forum

"it isn't just a given that any XTRONS unit you buy will work with your steering wheel controls, some vehicles require adapters.

How do I find the right CANbus TO WORK WITH SWC INTERFACE / ADAPTER?
We are not technically trained with all the various steering wheel control interfaces on different vehicles. Connects2 and other after-market accessories retailers developed universal CANbus boxes which can be programmed to work with digital SWC and other functions. However, we have very limited knowledge on this and you should contact your local professional car audio installer for help choosing the right adapter to work with your car and your new car stereo. They can also answer any questions you have about the installation and give you some ideas about the work involved. Please do ask to see proof or references that they do actually have the knowledge and experience to complete such a task."

The full post is here "XTRONS Head Units Steering Wheel Control Setup - http://bbs.xtrons.com/" and what supprised me is this is even though you have a can is unit I would have thought it should have worked without a separate unit.

Personally I have heard bad things about these connects2 units disconnecting after 30 days but not got much experience with using their stuff my self other than the fascias and cages.

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've done some research and it seems you may need a separate adaptor for steering wheel controls in some cases.

This is listed in a post xtrons made on a forum

"it isn't just a given that any XTRONS unit you buy will work with your steering wheel controls, some vehicles require adapters.

How do I find the right CANbus TO WORK WITH SWC INTERFACE / ADAPTER?
We are not technically trained with all the various steering wheel control interfaces on different vehicles. Connects2 and other after-market accessories retailers developed universal CANbus boxes which can be programmed to work with digital SWC and other functions. However, we have very limited knowledge on this and you should contact your local professional car audio installer for help choosing the right adapter to work with your car and your new car stereo. They can also answer any questions you have about the installation and give you some ideas about the work involved. Please do ask to see proof or references that they do actually have the knowledge and experience to complete such a task."

The full post is here "XTRONS Head Units Steering Wheel Control Setup - http://bbs.xtrons.com/" and what supprised me is this is even though you have a can is unit I would have thought it should have worked without a separate unit.

Personally I have heard bad things about these connects2 units disconnecting after 30 days but not got much experience with using their stuff my self other than the fascias and cages.

ok thank you either case how can i be sure if my model is analogue steering wheel control or digital control?? becouse in one case i may need an adapter, on other case i only need to make some wiring connection....

·
Registered
107 Posts
ok thank you either case how can i be sure if my model is analogue steering wheel control or digital control?? becouse in one case i may need an adapter, on other case i only need to make some wiring connection....
They are digital as the use iso-res

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would guess you need something like this but I can't recommend what to get as haven't my self. Vauxhall Corsa D 2009 - 2014 On XTRONS Car Stereo Steering Wheel Interface Stalk 5055193343606 | eBay
I would assume you can get universal ones cheaper

·
Registered
107 Posts
but in this case i have to use this adaptor AND the canbox sent with Xtrons?? both of them?
I'm guessing you use it instead. I'd try post a separate thread in ice as I am only going by what I have read online.

·
Registered
16 Posts
that's a very silly situation Xtrons should provide all material for this to work! i mean i have paid 250 € for radio and i'll have to pay almost 40 more to buy something that should already come in the box!

·
Registered
107 Posts
that's a very silly situation Xtrons should provide all material for this to work! i mean i have paid 250 € for radio and i'll have to pay almost 40 more to buy something that should already come in the box!
I could be wrong but judging by that post it seems to be the case. I would double check this with someone else just incase I have mis understood

·
Registered
107 Posts
I know this is for a Corsa C but in theory you should be able to get a cheaper steering wheel control thing for a Sony stero or something and separate the wires like done here. Steering wheel controls for Erisin / Xtrons / Chinese stereo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
@cheekytrucker had any luck?

Have not forgot to come back with result. Purchased the relay from eBay, awaiting time to fit it... Currently on the back burner as I am fitting a kitchen, don't ask me why my wife thinks having a kitchen is more important than a reverse camera 🙄

·
Registered
76 Posts
but in this case i have to use this adaptor AND the canbox sent with Xtrons?? both of them?
(I’ve skimmed through but assuming it’s an Opel/VX Xtrons Unit) The canbus box handles the steering controls too, you don’t need a Connects2 adapter for it. It should work out the box like all the other CANBUS features, but it might be something in the Factory Settings that isn’t allowing it to work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well i dont know i have been in talks with xtron support lets see. Checked canbus profile also, it's ok still no wheel controls

·
Registered
16 Posts
but how come with original touch and connect unit i didn't need any canbus interface and with this headunit it doesn't work?
they have recomended this connection

And i had coonected like so, still i have no steering wheel control.
After several replys with xtron and after confirm that my model uses new ISO connection > 2005 and not earlier, they now state this
"Which means that for swc you need to connect key1 (or key1 and key 2 and key gnd) cables to the ones in car for this function, for swc and in settings make a manual setup in the learning study swc option. " I have installed unit in a profession instalation store so i'am pretty sure they know what they are doing!

I 'am just a litte afraid becouse those can bus interface from car audio for example i'am afaid to buy one of those and problem remains!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi, the touch and connect unit is created by vauxhall. This means it does not need a canbus box to convert the signals as it is designed to work with it.

I would just give what they say I try as they will know more about their systems than most of the people on this forum as they know how they designed it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i understand what they asked. Apparently if everithing is ok on the small display (that shows temperature and time) i should be able to read information about radio station and music.
But that's not what's happening. Ever since i connected radio i have a "display safe" message and clock is not ritght (in time). Could be this be any indication of problem?
It's only for example purpases but my display is like so...

Ever happened to anyone??

21 - 40 of 51 Posts