Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a scrape going across my car from the previous owner and wanted to fix this. So i used compound adn realised Flame Red does not have a clear coat, so primer appeared.

Next, I went to Halfrauds and got Flame Red paint, painted something else as a tester and it was bang on. So i newspapered and taped my panel up ready for painting, As i was spraying the scrape, it dripped.... I did several layers of paint and towards the end I noticed it had dripped down and created noticable bulges...

I know i have to take my car to a body shop for a respray now (Tried to do it the cheap and it ****ed me), But wat type of respray is best? Any good body spray in nottingham? I want the whole left side of my car sprayed. How much could this be?

Also will it look as good as the rest of my car?

I have a 2011 SXI Flame Red.

·
Registered
515 Posts
1, where in nottm are you ??

2, what sort of mess is it in, pic's ??

i know a few decent bodyshops in nottm that may be able to help you out...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm from hucknall in Nottingham. I've sprayed my panel and there are drip marks going down and tbh the paint doesn't blend in. I've literally butchered a portion of my rear panel. I was trying to fix a 1 metre scratch to primer with aerosol car paint lol. Such a douche xD

I need the front wing panel painted anyway, on the same side I ruined the back.

Ill take some pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Realistically any reputable body shop will say the entire passengers side will need resprayed, so all the paint blends in.

Just need a good garage and good prices.

So far I've been quoted £250 to spray the side of my car and fix a few scuffs on my bumper. But these guys are accident repair and I haven't seen there previous work, I doubt they will show me previous work. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Realistically any reputable body shop will say the entire passengers side will need resprayed, so all the paint blends in.

Just need a good garage and good prices.

So far I've been quoted £250 to spray the side of my car and fix a few scuffs on my bumper. But these guys are accident repair and I haven't seen there previous work, I doubt they will show me previous work. Hmmmm.
there are a good few places that have been recomended so far, £250 is very cheap...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts