Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya everybody

Ive had my corsa for just over a week, and all has been fine until today
today we ran out of coolant - topped it up and off we went, then stopped and it had emptied again, filled it up again, read online somewhere that the cap not being on properly can effect it, double checked it and it has kept the coolant in, but the running temperature seems a bit high, ranging from around 88-107?!
We have also checked the fan and it is definitely running
i have no clue if this is normal of if it is a related issue! i am due away tomorrow so hoping it is normal/ a fairly easy fix!!

·
Super Moderator
1,244 Posts
double checked it and it has kept the coolant in, but the running temperature seems a bit high, ranging from around 88-107?!
I would be concerned if i had lost coolant twice did the warning light come on or did it boil over (steam coming out of the header tank overflow)

My fan kicks in at 105c you can check yours using the method below.
If i remember right 5 clicks is the temperature.

·
Super Moderator
1,244 Posts
If the level hasn't dropped since it should be fine but keep an eye on it, it may be worth using the guide above to check your fan is coming on at the right temperature always good to know for peace of mind.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hiya everybody

Ive had my corsa for just over a week, and all has been fine until today
today we ran out of coolant - topped it up and off we went, then stopped and it had emptied again, filled it up again, read online somewhere that the cap not being on properly can effect it, double checked it and it has kept the coolant in, but the running temperature seems a bit high, ranging from around 88-107?!
We have also checked the fan and it is definitely running
i have no clue if this is normal of if it is a related issue! i am due away tomorrow so hoping it is normal/ a fairly easy fix!!
If it had already been low on water when you noticed then it would of sucked the rest that you added around the engine which would make it appear that what you added had gone(airlock), does the car run good in itself ? also The temp running up to 107 is fine on these cars as they do run hot, as long as your fan kicks in at around 105-107

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hiya everybody Ive had my corsa for just over a week, and all has been fine until today today we ran out of coolant - topped it up and off we went, then stopped and it had emptied again, filled it up again, read online somewhere that the cap not being on properly can effect it, double checked it and it has kept the coolant in, but the running temperature seems a bit high, ranging from around 88-107?! We have also checked the fan and it is definitely running i have no clue if this is normal of if it is a related issue! i am due away tomorrow so hoping it is normal/ a fairly easy fix!!
The running temp can be variable ,in the range you indicate ,the thermastat is connected to the electronic brain and receives input of the engine running temperatures all the time,these high readings only last a few moments, and drop back down slowly to normal,as the ECU (the electronic brain)constantly changes the temperature reading. I have a device called "SCANGAUGE" which is plugged into the cars diagnostic socket and gives me live data all the time,when switched onto engine temperature mode it reads anything from 100 to 107 in normal running,but soon drops back down to 102/3/4, after a few seconds,.hopefully the coolant cap is firmly screwed on now and the coolant is remaining in.if not then you have other problems,so dont panic at the other remarks as yet.just keep a close eye on the coolant level,just at over halfway in the bottle when COLD.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The running temp can be variable ,in the range you indicate ,the thermastat is connected to the electronic brain and receives input of the engine running temperatures all the time,these high readings only last a few moments, and drop back down slowly to normal,as the ECU (the electronic brain)constantly changes the temperature reading. I have a device called "SCANGAUGE" which is plugged into the cars diagnostic socket and gives me live data all the time,when switched onto engine temperature mode it reads anything from 100 to 107 in normal running,but soon drops back down to 102/3/4, after a few seconds,.hopefully the coolant cap is firmly screwed on now and the coolant is remaining in.if not then you have other problems,so dont panic at the other remarks as yet.just keep a close eye on the coolant level,just at over halfway in the bottle when COLD.
Yeah it drops down from 105-107 as the fan should kick in,

No comments here have said anything to make him panic, if anything its stated that Corsa D engines are at their optimal when over 100 degrees.

There's actually more than 1 sensor which reads the temps on the Corsa D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts