Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I just remember driving past/being overtaken by alfas with exhausts on each side of the car. Can't remember what the name was, but there was like an arch logo to go with them. Not sure if it was an edition for the mito's or not. Definitely on the guilietta's.
Yeah I think it's the guilietta, I know the mito can come with 2 centre exhausts which actually look pretty good, a bit like the golf. Don't know if I'll be able to afford such a big mod. I can only dream haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Gave it a good clean and polish today, looking like a mirror!

Got to show the nice purple/bronze flake the paint has

Going to get new DRLs tomorrow and get some small mudflaps, the shape of this car attracts stone chips like crazy.
Also ordered custom new mats, black and silver centre caps and some fly eye.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Not much as I'm waiting for a load of things in the post but got new door welcome lights

Wish Royal Mail would hurry up ):

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yeah I think it's the guilietta, I know the mito can come with 2 centre exhausts which actually look pretty good, a bit like the golf. Don't know if I'll be able to afford such a big mod. I can only dream haha!
Mangolesti, that was it. I knew it sounds like molesty!

Looking good though. Gonna get some heko's to go with? Do they even do heko's for mito's?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Mangolesti, that was it. I knew it sounds like molesty!

Looking good though. Gonna get some heko's to go with? Do they even do heko's for mito's?
That's it yeah haha, thanks!

I actually looked for hekos but no luck. There's very little actually ready made for the mito! Like I was looking for some silicon pipes to spruce up the engine bay but there's nothing! I'll have to be extra creative wont I haha

·
Registered
484 Posts
You may have to go round scrapyards hunting for diamonds in the rough... i mean rust. I have to say I've never seen an alfa with wind deflectors either though. can you even put them in their style of window where the window goes up in to the roof, not the top of the door?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Frameless doors, that's what i was trying to say!

And don't I feel silly. I thought it was a special edition they did
Yeah I forgot to mention that haha, my dad was listing off all the things the corsa had and hekos were one, then we had a laugh when we saw no frames

No need to feel silly as you're technically not too wrong. It's all just a lot of similar words in the world of alfa romeo. I believe Magneti Marelli make the kits for the alfa which includ the dual exhaust. I think their kit is one of the only ways the mito can have dual exhaust. They also add 35bhp ;D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Not been doing much lately, just enjoying the car, filled it up twice since I've got it haha, certainly a thirsty car!

Been looking at big things like powder coating the alloys, been quoted £200 so that might happen in the future!

Just got these the other day

And upgraded all the bulbs, just fogs to do next
Only got a pic of the DRLs

If anyone has any suggestions feel free to tell me, as these cars aren't typically modded so it's difficult

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Horrendous incident has occurred! My car is currently at an accident repair centre after it was towed away from the road side.
On Friday at around 1pm, a lorry traveling the opposite direction passed me, just before it passed, maybe a few metres away, a huge fire extinguisher bounced out of his load and smashed into my front end at around 50mph.
He then drove off leaving me stranded. Thankfully a lovely guy in a Leon Cupra stopped and gave me the lorrys reg. The police are now involved and my insurance is paying for the car to be repaired as I was not at fault.
Only minor damage apparently, bent suspension and destroyed alloy. Thankfully the Brembo brakes are ok and no chassis or body damage.

Currently driving a 2014 Hyundai i10 as a courtesy car so all will be sorted soon, hopefully!
Important thing is I'm still here! Could have went through the windscreen and id have been a goner.

·
Registered
233 Posts
That's scary i seen a lorry with scaffolding poles lose some of its load on a busy road before. I'm sure the lorry driver would have stopped if he had known that had happened as his licence is at risk with that one.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
That's scary i seen a lorry with scaffolding poles lose some of its load on a busy road before. I'm sure the lorry driver would have stopped if he had known that had happened as his licence is at risk with that one.
Well he actually did stop up the road, but as I looked up he booted it. I saw his brake lights on and he came to a crawl, I'm so sure he knew it happened, the sound was horrendously loud and his window was down so he must have known about it!

Glad your okay love that alloy looks pretty mangled no paint damage to the car ?
I'm glad im ok too haha, could have been much worse! Alloy was destroyed but obviously a fresh new one is on the way so I'm happy. There was very slight scuffing to the front bumper which I think with some work could be repaired so I'm pretty lucky!

21 - 40 of 81 Posts