Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - is anyone having the following problems with their new D's?

1) Sometimes having difficulties selecting first gear

2) Two dirty marls under each door (looks like melted wax)

·
Registered
258 Posts
The marks are the wax coming out of the bodywork. No probs selecting any gears, but then i have a 6speed box and you have the 5.

Only prob i have is 33mpg

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
The marks are the wax coming out of the bodywork. No probs selecting any gears, but then i have a 6speed box and you have the 5.

if thats all u gotta worry about thank god u got the diesel although should b better than that

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am having problem with 2nd gear and it hs been in the garage today as it has a problem with the ECU and has to go back in next week

Not a happy bunny

·
Registered
52 Posts
Uses same engine as the c, so am guessing same gear box meaning more gear linkage problem, the grease crap has happend on sum1s d that i know too

·
Registered
32 Posts

33mpg from a diesel, thats horrendous. Does your driving style have anything to do with that? ;)

Jonny I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
33mpg from a diesel, thats horrendous. Does your driving style have anything to do with that? ;)

Jonny I sent you a PM.
the derv is braking in.. so the fuel usage will not be to great! also short jornies will use more fuel.. so if you do alot of town journies/stop start ones you use more fuel then if you are on a long run!

I average 450 going to work and back.. 13 days give or take a day in a 1.7 CDTi C and i have got 550 when going lincoln for a meet last month!

·
Registered
258 Posts
the derv is braking in.. so the fuel usage will not be to great! also short jornies will use more fuel.. so if you do alot of town journies/stop start ones you use more fuel then if you are on a long run!

I average 450 going to work and back.. 13 days give or take a day in a 1.7 CDTi C and i have got 550 when going lincoln for a meet last month!

My C averaged 480-520 doing the same journey to work every week. im struggling to get 320 to a tank on the D and there is 2K on her already. i expected it to be lower but thats beyond funny.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Mine isnt getting much more than 300 to a tank which im not happy about as thats the same as what my Sporthatch was getting and thats 1 of the reasons why I got rid of it ! ! !

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
How many miles you done in it?!

Still think it might be down to the engine braking in and possibly driving to hard.. :)

And i found from driving a petrol to a derv you need to change the way you drive slightly.. i never really need to put my foot flate because there was enough torque to get going at a slight touch!
The new 1.7 CDTi should be better because of the higher torque/power.. :| and 6 speed box.. :| Although it might mean more gear changed, that i dont know because i ent driven one..

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ive done 2000 miles and it is getting worse rather than better. I dont drive the car that hard cause there is no need to. in fact my old C got driven soo much harder. My dad has a 150 cdti vectra and that is a company demo car and gets ragged to death by everyone and even he gets 45mpg. Its being investigated by vaux now so will see what they say.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts