Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
The steering column in my 2010 1.2 SXI recently went and instead of repairing I’ve decided I’ll just get a new car, been thinking about it for a while anyway.
It’s got 108,000 miles on the clock and some body damage (pretty bad scrape on the passenger side door and slightly bashed up wing mirror, the mirror still tucks in and out fine though - plus a couple of dings here and there). The battery on it is flat as it’s been sat in the drive but the battery is virtually brand new so there shouldn’t be any issues once jump started.
It’s got partial service history and passed it’s MOT in November with no advisories so the only issue to my knowledge is the steering column.
I was just wondering, based off this info, how much I might be able to sell for on eBay or Facebook market place? I could send it straight to the scrappy but I feel like someone could get it back up and running pretty easily.
Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hi,
The steering column in my 2010 1.2 SXI recently went and instead of repairing I’ve decided I’ll just get a new car, been thinking about it for a while anyway.
It’s got 108,000 miles on the clock and some body damage (pretty bad scrape on the passenger side door and slightly bashed up wing mirror, the mirror still tucks in and out fine though - plus a couple of dings here and there). The battery on it is flat as it’s been sat in the drive but the battery is virtually brand new so there shouldn’t be any issues once jump started.
It’s got partial service history and passed it’s MOT in November with no advisories so the only issue to my knowledge is the steering column.
I was just wondering, based off this info, how much I might be able to sell for on eBay or Facebook market place? I could send it straight to the scrappy but I feel like someone could get it back up and running pretty easily.
Any help would be much appreciated!
If you decide to sell it to scrap man, then you might as well put it on Facebook market for the same.oroce + alittle more. Just do a comparison of what your car is worth from auto trader , with same. mileage and age. Then deduct the price of steering column job (call a few garages) and then knock off another £150-£200 if the damage to the panel is as bad as you say (poss upload a pic here)

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts