Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently i had the orange service light pop up and cooling fan is constantly on even on start up in a morning where its like 2 degrees.

oil and coolant levels are fine. I have swapped both radiator and engine temp sensors and still hasnt done the trick. I have booked it in garage for monday but kinda nervous as im away on Thursday so need the car back, just wondering if parts are needed, if they will come in time. If not, is it safe to use with the cooling fan constantly running if they cannot sort it?

Many thanks :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Recently i had the orange service light pop up and cooling fan is constantly on even on start up in a morning where its like 2 degrees.

oil and coolant levels are fine. I have swapped both radiator and engine temp sensors and still hasnt done the trick. I have booked it in garage for monday but kinda nervous as im away on Thursday so need the car back, just wondering if parts are needed, if they will come in time. If not, is it safe to use with the cooling fan constantly running if they cannot sort it?

Many thanks :)
Well it depends what the yellow light is stating, needs to be read, could be something simple but best place to start is have the garage see what it says, or you can take it to another garage and pay them £15 to read the code for you and take some pics of live data screen

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it depends what the yellow light is stating, needs to be read, could be something simple but best place to start is have the garage see what it says, or you can take it to another garage and pay them £15 to read the code for you and take some pics of live data screen

Sent from my moto g(8) plus usi

Yeh, i hope it is somthing simple and nothing major that requires work like a thermostat which could need to be possibly ordered which could take a while. Going to take it monday and see but already having work done to it.

Dont know if its a daft question but is it safe to use while the fan is constantly running?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Yeh, i hope it is somthing simple and nothing major that requires work like a thermostat which could need to be possibly ordered which could take a while. Going to take it monday and see but already having work done to it.

Dont know if its a daft question but is it safe to use while the fan is constantly running?
If mean it is as.long as all your fluids are correct and what not, depending on what the issue is it may get poor fuel economy. But don't run off with this cz your fan being on constantly And running for days won't do the fan any good either so you could be causing another future problem, but popping places etc I wouldn't worry to much. BUT check your.fluids at each stop of the car and have some antifreeze in the boot for backup just incase

·
Registered
991 Posts

If mean it is as.long as all your fluids are correct and what not, depending on what the issue is it may get poor fuel economy. But don't run off with this cz your fan being on constantly And running for days won't do the fan any good either so you could be causing another future problem, but popping places etc I wouldn't worry to much. BUT check your.fluids at each stop of the car and have some antifreeze in the boot for backup just incase

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds like a open circuit on one of the temp sensors. It will always turn the fan on as a default. Fault codes then live data need looking at before swapping any parts. Update us with the outcome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts