Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is due its service next month.
In 2020, I agreed to a 3 year service plan with a Vauxhall dealership. When booking the 2021 service/MOT, I found out that they were no longer a Vauxhall dealership. I called Vauxhall in 2021 and they said - get the service done by them and we will arrange for a Vauxhall dealership to inspect the car after the service and your lifetime warranty will be reactivated. They said (verbally) that I could do the same 'next year' i.e. 2022. I asked for it in writing but they said - it's ok, it has been entered in your notes.
I emailed them this week to make sure I could do the same this year but they won't reply. I've been paying the service plan monthly so I'm paid up for the service for 2022. Can I go to a non Vauxhall dealership, as long as they use Vauxhall parts etc.?
Other thing is that at this service, brake fluid change is advised but I had that done in Feb 2021 as the brakes felt loose. Should it be changed again?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The car is due its service next month.
In 2020, I agreed to a 3 year service plan with a Vauxhall dealership. When booking the 2021 service/MOT, I found out that they were no longer a Vauxhall dealership. I called Vauxhall in 2021 and they said - get the service done by them and we will arrange for a Vauxhall dealership to inspect the car after the service and your lifetime warranty will be reactivated. They said (verbally) that I could do the same 'next year' i.e. 2022. I asked for it in writing but they said - it's ok, it has been entered in your notes.
I emailed them this week to make sure I could do the same this year but they won't reply. I've been paying the service plan monthly so I'm paid up for the service for 2022. Can I go to a non Vauxhall dealership, as long as they use Vauxhall parts etc.?
Other thing is that at this service, brake fluid change is advised but I had that done in Feb 2021 as the brakes felt loose. Should it be changed again?
I agree with sxi. But I have read the the lifetime.wattanty book cover to cover and aslong as it is a vat registered garage you will be covered, they don't need to even use vauxhall parts...BUT just to cover yourself I would but Vauxhall OEM to be sure.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for replies. I'm drafting a letter to the dealership to ask if they're prepared to install Vauxhall parts and if not, to give back my money as when I took out the plan, they said it would 'all be done under Vauxhall recommendations'. I have that in an email from them.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Thank you for replies. I'm drafting a letter to the dealership to ask if they're prepared to install Vauxhall parts and if not, to give back my money as when I took out the plan, they said it would 'all be done under Vauxhall recommendations'. I have that in an email from them.
How has this worked out for you pal?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I wrote a review on Trustpilot. They then contacted me and said they'd give all my money back, including the admin fee. Just waiting to see if they put cash in my account, they said should be there by the end of this week.
Hey Pal glad you got it sorted, can you clarify a few things , as I've read it a few times but unsure. So basically you have been paying monthly for your service.plan and 2022 has been paid up, and you were expecting a service and warranty reactivation. The usual dealership you use has turned in a non Vauxhall one and are you saying vauxhall were not willing to allow you to get it serviced at a non Vauxhall dealership, so have just refunded you for the years worth of payments for you to simply get a service.done where ever you like?

Alittle unsure what the refund is and are you still been given lifetime warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts