Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Would fit the Astra or insignia one mate,
If your going to do it do it right,
One or two fitted the cheaper ones they look smart when done but if your using your radio a fair bit :shrug:
Mind you saying that if you live in a city you should have a half decent reception anyway but if out in the boonies like me then should imagine its a slim chance on a cheaper one :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Dont think anybody has tried that one, the problem is they dont usually come with the Corsa connection and some bodging has to be done and still get poor signal.
Just get a Type R aerial or a small stubby one

·
Registered
884 Posts
I had a similar aerial on my old corsa C, looked mint too! Not sure what it would look like on a D.
:) (I had to get tin snips out on the roof of my C to make the aerial fit, don't know if your brave enough or even if you'd need to)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont think anybody has tried that one, the problem is they dont usually come with the Corsa connection and some bodging has to be done and still get poor signal.
Just get a Type R aerial or a small stubby one
Yeah I know a lot of people fit the civic aerial, just liked the look of a shark fin.

Would fit the Astra or insignia one mate,
If your going to do it do it right,
One or two fitted the cheaper ones they look smart when done but if your using your radio a fair bit :shrug:
Mind you saying that if you live in a city you should have a half decent reception anyway but if out in the boonies like me then should imagine its a slim chance on a cheaper one :dontknow:
I'll have to look into the astra/insignia ones then... Thanks :) I just don't want a worse signal, I live kinda in the city, but even still I wouldn't want to make it worse full stop.

J

·
0 Posts
Capper had it on his corsa so it has been done. He didnt use the radio so didnt care

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah I know a lot of people fit the civic aerial, just liked the look of a shark fin.

I'll have to look into the astra/insignia ones then... Thanks :) I just don't want a worse signal, I live kinda in the city, but even still I wouldn't want to make it worse full stop.
The Astra J / insignia ones have larger square blocks in the bottom where it slots into the roof so you would have to cut a larger hole and they also have different plugs on them. I'd recommend an Sri aerial base and a stubby/type r aerial :D

·
Registered
530 Posts

This is mine but ive changed from that to an LE ariel base now as it wasnt very good reception. It fit really easy and no modifying was needed apart from the cable.

Sent via IPhone5 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts