Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here ever snapped their dipstic guide, it's a 1.0 corsa d, I have just finished headgasket replacement and I don't know what I have done to snap it, it is snapped exactly at the top where the guide pushes down through the block, is there a way I could pull the broken part back out as it is only held by 2 o rings and a bolt on the top of the manifold but obviously that parts off, this job doing valve stem oil seals has been an absolute nightmare

·
Registered
768 Posts
Has anyone on here ever snapped their dipstic guide, it's a 1.0 corsa d, I have just finished headgasket replacement and I don't know what I have done to snap it, it is snapped exactly at the top where the guide pushes down through the block, is there a way I could pull the broken part back out as it is only held by 2 o rings and a bolt on the top of the manifold but obviously that parts off, this job doing valve stem oil seals has been an absolute nightmare
Hey mate I feel your pain never done a HG job, but.i know how it feels when things go wrong, but remember you have done such an involved.job, so fair play for doing it and your skillset has gone up and bit of a.life lesson.

I snapped.my dispstick last week, at the part.where the yellow finger hook connects.to the rest of the stick. I used JB Weld out it back together, done a great job to make it as strong just about 20% less pretty lol. You can also buy on eBay for about £10. - £13

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorted bud I had a sumo gasket in the boot so I took the sump off and chapped it back out, just need to wait on new one coming and hopefully that's the car fixed

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I jammed a a piece of rubber in the hole where the guide goes for the dipstick and first turn of the key no throttle (incase it blew the rubber out) and ot is like a brand new engine, just need to wait till Wed/Thurs for the guide to come, we'll impressed with the engine though hallef*****lujah 😁😁😁

·
Registered
768 Posts
Sorted bud I had a sumo gasket in the boot so I took the sump off and chapped it back out, just need to wait on new one coming and hopefully that's the car fixed
Glad you got it sorted mate, I need to get my sump of got a slight weep on it. How difficult is it to remove and what model Corsa D you have?

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just dropped the exhaust and had to turn the sump a few angles but you should get itbud

1 - 8 of 8 Posts