Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My son asked to borrow my car. He says he was driving when someone ahead slammed on the brakes - he didn't hit the car but turned it sharp to avoid a collision. In doing that the front driver tyre is stuck and won't move. I haven't seen it as he's about 13 miles from home. He thinks something has snapped off. I know it's not much to go on but say the whole front axle needs replaced, how much would it be to supply and fit (if I use a Vauxhall garage)?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks Lloyd J RiSpark. The recovery team just dropped the car off. I think he said the bottom arm had snapped and that it wasn't son's fault. But concerning thing is that there seems to be a leak of some sort. It's not engine oil or coolant. He thinks it's gearbox fluid or power steering fluid. It was orange in colour and had a slight oily smell to it. Do you know if a snapped arm is worse than a new axle?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Many thanks. I'll see what happens on Monday. It's just a really bad time as I've hospital appointments next week and work. I'm an nhs'er. Needed the car ++ so went ballistic over the phone.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
One thing about it all is now your son will be able to choose which hole to use when he goes to the toilet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts