Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I haven't posted on here before as I am new to corsa's. The average age on here seems pretty young and I feel a bit old for this lark but here goes.

Just traded in my Seat Ibiza FR a couple of months back as my mileage is fairly high and the running costs were getting stupid. So I went and got a shiny red 1.7 CTDI corsa and I love it.

I had always been a bit sceptical about vauxhall but decided I liked the look of the new corsa. The 1.7 is great and I am getting used to the turbo lag going into 2nd, but hopefully the software update will fix it.

Anyway here are the two things I need some help with. I am not really liking my wheels and want to change them. I haven't really had to go wheel shopping before, (most of my previous cars came with nice wheels, the Ibiza FR ones were cracking) So i am looking for some suggestions as to what I should be looking for. Stylewise I really like multispokes but am not sure how they will look on the new corsa. If anyone has suggestions or pics I would be grateful.

The other thing I was looking for some help with was badging. I am a sucker for the opel badges, going back to my youth I loved the old opel manta and always thought the badge was great. Is it possible to get the corsa rebadged, wouldn't mind grille change too if that was needed.

Cheers
Rik

·
Registered
258 Posts
All the badges are just stuck on so shouldnt be a problem re badging. As for wheels there is a wide selection available. multi spokes have been done

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
Firstly, welcome to the site!

Hmm, when going for wheels, if you want to see what they'll look like on your car, get a picture of your car from the side, and then if you have a look on a site like www.potn.co.uk, or some other site, and see some wheels you like, post a link, and some one (Probably me) will photoshop them onto the car, so you can see what they're like.

Regarding the Opel badge, I have one of those on my boot. I have one from a Opel Corsa-C, as it's smaller than the D one, which is a dinner plate lol. The only problem I encountered with mine was the bend in the boot. I needed to heat up the badge, and slowly bend it. Because after all, it's plastic, and it could snap. Not too sure about the front grille though, but I'm sure you can do it, with either re-badging it, or getting an Opel D front bumper.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
258 Posts
The front grille just requires the opel blitz in chrome or body colour, because when i wa fitting my irmscher grille i noticed the black plastic is moulded to accept the opel blitz.

·
Registered
258 Posts
17s look really small on the D I had the optional 17s on my old 1.7 SXi

When my SRi comes i will be hunting for a set of 18s.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Rik,

I have a Corsa VXR on order which was pre-ordered by my local dealer with 17's on and I have ordered the 18's to fit myself so will have a full set of vxr 17's with tyres unused by mid sept

Let me know if ya need em

Cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
i like the sound of them, if rik dont fancy them ill buy them off you, would look great on mine. as i have 15" on at the mo, they look like they belong on an old mini or something

1 - 13 of 13 Posts