Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks decent enough. you're gonna install it yourself?
Nah mate. Would be my mate thats doing it for me... I wouldnt have a clue where to start lol.

Cheers Callum. Im looking for one thats touch screen and that you can connect your ipod through.

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
What does everyone think?

Im not that good when it comes to speaker watts etc lol.

Is this decent enough?

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/2865.html
That all seems decent enough though. Apart from 6 x 9's! :lol:

The output's a little weak, especially if you're getting a big output sub etc. Mine's 4 x 50, and I still need more power, where as a 4 x 45 would be worse!

·
Registered
12,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That all seems decent enough though. Apart from 6 x 9's! :lol:

The output's a little weak, especially if you're getting a big output sub etc. Mine's 4 x 50, and I still need more power, where as a 4 x 45 would be worse!
Cheers mate. Someone from my work suggested it as they have the sound system. Think i'll go 2 a local shop at the weekend and see what they recconmend lol.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Head unit, stay clear of that make, go for an alpine, or atleast a ripspeed.

speakers look good enough for price

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
get a double din screen, avic-d3 is immence. ovawise the screen will cover the vents, n ye hands could get chilly in da winter. speaker look good, av the 6x9's in the parcel shelf :^)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
get a double din screen, avic-d3 is immence. ovawise the screen will cover the vents, n ye hands could get chilly in da winter. speaker look good, av the 6x9's in the parcel shelf :^)
not everyone can afford the avic-d3. its like £800 isn't it?
some people are on a budget. probably why he came across this one.

·
Registered
76 Posts
as someone said earlia. look for a head unit with a bit more power and the wattage you need to look at is RMS. when it says 1000W sub. that is bull**** wattage. thats the speakers peak. you need to look at the RMS. that head unit you were looking at, there is the 1 up frm that by the same company on fleabay for 250 at buy it now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i agree with MK king dnt put them in the parcel shelf. as he sed buy enclosures or evn build ya own. its easy. MDF, Air Tight, and decent wood glue. finished with black or grey carpet.

·
Registered
12,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went to a local shop at the weekend... they quoted me 1150 for 2 6 by 9s a sub, flip out monitor and a 6 channel amp am sure... mate said he will get it alot cheaper though 4 me.

So its a big no to them being in the parcel shelf then? lol. So alls I would really need to do is build 2 boxes out of mdf and put a whole for the speaker and the cables? then cover it in carpet? lol Sorry to sound thick by the way! :p

·
Registered
76 Posts
if you do it.. build ya own i meen. cover them in carpet rather than painting them cos the carpet acts as a dampening and restricts the vibrations equaling better sound quality.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts