Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything I can do about my speedo. It does 62mph when it reads 70 on the dial. The tyre size is correct and the tires are not over worn.

Thanks
Jake

·
Registered
76 Posts
Speedo's are meant to over-estimate to be fair but that does seem quite out.

Mine is about 67mph when it displays 70mph.

Perhaps the needles have been moved and not been calibrated properly? You can get a digital speedo to show on the cluster display so you could check that to see what speed it shows, that'll tell you if the needles are off (if the digital speedo is about right and matches whatever your other source of speed is).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speedo's are meant to over-estimate to be fair but that does seem quite out.

Mine is about 67mph when it displays 70mph.

Perhaps the needles have been moved and not been calibrated properly? You can get a digital speedo to show on the cluster display so you could check that to see what speed it shows, that'll tell you if the needles are off (if the digital speedo is about right and matches whatever your other source of speed is).
Hi, how do I get the digital Speedo up on my Corsa.

By the way something I should have mentioned is the Speedo is right at 20mph but gets progressively more inaccurate as I speed up.

The ABS wheel speed sensors all display the correct speed I don't know where the Speedo gets its speed from though as I doubt it uses these sensors.

Thanks
Jake

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi, how do I get the digital Speedo up on my Corsa.

By the way something I should have mentioned is the Speedo is right at 20mph but gets progressively more inaccurate as I speed up.

The ABS wheel speed sensors all display the correct speed I don't know where the Speedo gets its speed from though as I doubt it uses these sensors.

Thanks
Jake

With the right stalk, push it in 4 times, but on the 4th time hold it until the display changes. It'll give you diagnostic info but eventually you've see one where it shows your speed on one line, and your revs on the other line. Not sure where that digital speedo takes it's speed from or even the speedometer. But if it's right at 20mph but not at 70mph then I doubt it'll be the needles. Bit unusual.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the right stalk, push it in 4 times, but on the 4th time hold it until the display changes. It'll give you diagnostic info but eventually you've see one where it shows your speed on one line, and your revs on the other line. Not sure where that digital speedo takes it's speed from or even the speedometer. But if it's right at 20mph but not at 70mph then I doubt it'll be the needles. Bit unusual.
Yes I thought so. Will try tommrow. It's an expolice car so God knows what's been messed with but been like or for ages.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, I don't have a button on the right stalk and pushing it I ln just puts the rear washer on

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi, I don't have a button on the right stalk and pushing it I ln just puts the rear washer on

Oh, right it must have the smaller screen in middle. Not sure if you can display it on there.

You should be able to find a speed reading in Opcom (not per wheel but for the whole car) which should be the same reading as what it'd display on the digital speedo.

Though not sure what the solution could be with the speedo being out at 70 but right at 20.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, been on opcom today but it won't read any live data. It is the model with the small screen. Done some more investigating and I was wrong

The Speedo reads 22 when doing 20 but reads 70 when doing 62

1 - 8 of 8 Posts