Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Right light is the light that was done, left light is a regular factory tinted light.

Not really much difference tbh, and this stuff is an absolute bitch to apply. You eventually get the hang of it, but the video on the website where they are applying it to the front lights of a VXR make it look easy, IT IS NOT. (unless you're an octopus)

The rear lights have a dramatic curve and close up on this light you could see tonnes of wrinkles. On the attempt at doing the other light I eventually gave up as there was more wrinkles in it than a 90 year old grannies face. So I pulled both of them off. Would have looked alright I guess if I'd have managed to do them properly.

This stuff would probably work best on front lights where there's not so much of a dramatic curve I reckon! Quite annoyed that I wasted £20 but at least I've learned from it!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty good, didn't get a close-up as it was quite dark in the garage. from a foot away you could see the cut out holes that make up the vinyl though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I put it on the headlights on mine and it did look really good but it ripped while being applied and then my full beams started to melt my headlights so I had to buy a new pair :/ Although a lot of people I know have it and haven't had any prob with theirs!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's really strange! Mine also ripped slightly whilst applying it which was partly the reason why I gave up in the end!

·
Registered
515 Posts
i asked my tint guy about this stuff and he said he wouldn't fit it to his own car, he did say it's better to use tint film for same effect but this reduces the reflection from the back lights so i have decided to stay with oe tint for now...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Lamin-x. My mate has just put this on his Civic and it looks unreal, will be doing the same shortly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts