Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Corsa d 2012 Sri has just started to make a squeak / rubbing sound when drivivg ,never heard this before but the strange thing is it doesn’t do it when coasting in or out of gear , it does it when moving off but if I take foot off accelerator it stops , before I buy new pads and discs has anyone else had this

thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry not moving off it starts when I’ve moved off , the reason I thought brakes was my daughters old car had the same fault and when we put in garage to get checked they said brakes they took apart applied new copper grease and it stopped for a while , as I said mine just started tonight and my 1st thought obviously brakes as per my daughters old car , could it be something to do with acceleration in any way ?

·
Super Moderator
1,356 Posts
Thanks for the video.

Its does sound like something catching or rubbing and it gets faster as you accelerate, for a start i would jack each corner up and spin the wheel to see if you can hear the noise.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
My Corsa d 2012 Sri has just started to make a squeak / rubbing sound when drivivg ,never heard this before but the strange thing is it doesn’t do it when coasting in or out of gear , it does it when moving off but if I take foot off accelerator it stops , before I buy new pads and discs has anyone else had this

thanks
Funny on this one, gets faster when cars under load but not whilst coasting, I doubt it is something rubbing because 30mph with foot on the gas or 30mph coasting is still 30mph, so should still make the noise, does it make the sound if your stationary and you rev the car up?

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Funny on this one, gets faster when cars under load but not whilst coasting, I doubt it is something rubbing because 30mph with foot on the gas or 30mph coasting is still 30mph, so should still make the noise, does it make the sound if your stationary and you rev the car up?

No it doesn’t

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I’ve still not had a chance to look at it , I’ve realised it also disappears when pressing clutch while pushing accelerator, could it be clutch related?
If it is most likely release bearing. What you may want to do is try record it and.upload to YouTube and out the video link here. I I would simply set your phone to record and have it down in the footwell of the car. You can then do a few.varoed test on when it makes the sound, possibly do a voice over tomexplain to us what your doing,.but I would try to get some sounds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If it is most likely release bearing. What you may want to do is try record it and.upload to YouTube and out the video link here. I I would simply set your phone to record and have it down in the footwell of the car. You can then do a few.varoed test on when it makes the sound, possibly do a voice over tomexplain to us what your doing,.but I would try to get some sounds.

thanks for reply video is post 9

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

1 - 20 of 21 Posts