Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a little play with a fiesta ST before, he was behind me (up my butt) and he was about to over take but as he got to the side of me i dropped it into second (instead of fourth, by mistake) and hit the rev limiter and shot off and he couldn't catch me :lol:, haven't been beat yet in my little Corsa :D, also a Vectra B was about to over take and done the same dropped a gear and again he couldn't overtake (cut him up) :lol:, also this little 307 tried beating me coming onto a roundabout and i flooded it in first and was going though the gears and got up to 80 round the roundabout, tyres squealing and everything (was on limit) :D.
My fun for the day, thought id share it with you :).

·
Registered
415 Posts
sounds like your enjoying urself with that vxr dean, might get myself one when ive got a few mores no claims on my insurance

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
diesel..

If you were at PVS there was a 200 or 240 bhp derv Corsa D 1.9 CDTi :yummy:

Reason being is the t8 CDTi astra (200bhp) on a run was only 6 car lengths behind the VXR (240bhp) on a 0-100 sprint :eek:

and the T8 Astra still returns 40mpg :D
Yeah diesel's are good once on the move but on tick over its a horrible noise :x

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
well i can live with that because its all midrange torque i could want :D

And my corsa C CDTi SRI keeps pace with 1.8 C's and fezzy ST's at the moment anyways so im half way there ;)

·
Registered
700 Posts
i tend to dissagree......petrol cars are still lightyears ahead of diesel for tunability...... IMO

Edit: Dean you naughty man u just keep teasing me with this car:D LOL could be collecting mine 2morrow or tuesday:D

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I will always prefer petrols too, i cant stand the sound on idle, plus for the tiny bit extra on petrol id much rather drive the petrol

·
Registered
548 Posts
i think both have their advantages, but personally i think petrol is better. Smoother, and sounds so much better. Diesels sound like driving a van! New ones are getting quieter and more refined, but petrols beat them bhp per litre. I like the torque that diesels give, but they seem to run out of steam at top end and don't rev as high as petrols.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts