Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Vauxhall Corsa D 2014 1 litre around 35,000 miles. Occasionally when starting it will make a loud noise for 2 seconds and the engine will make a sort of jump then go normal, a local garage has said it will be the timing chain than needs replacing but just wanted some other opinions. I have a video of the noise and the timing chain but can’t attach but would be able to send via/email text. The garage also said that I may aswell get my service which is due done at the same time as they already have to replace the oil filter so might aswell make it apart of the service. I have been quoted 629 for a timing chain replacement and a service. Any help would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have a Vauxhall Corsa D 2014 1 litre around 35,000 miles. Occasionally when starting it will make a loud noise for 2 seconds and the engine will make a sort of jump then go normal, a local garage has said it will be the timing chain than needs replacing but just wanted some other opinions. I have a video of the noise and the timing chain but can’t attach but would be able to send via/email text. The garage also said that I may aswell get my service which is due done at the same time as they already have to replace the oil filter so might aswell make it apart of the service. I have been quoted 629 for a timing chain replacement and a service. Any help would be highly appreciated.
Hey mate, have you tried uploading it to youtube? If not you can drop me an email and ill upload the link for you and post it back. Send me a DM if u want to. :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey mate, have you tried uploading it to youtube? If not you can drop me an email and ill upload the link for you and post it back. Send me a DM if u want to. :)

Hi, managed to upload to YouTube, here’s the link thanks for your help

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi, managed to upload to YouTube, here’s the link thanks for your help
It does sound like it could be timing belt, butninhave heard thay spark plugs coukd be loose cause weored noises, i know ???? But i have heard, easy enough to check hy yourself and for free. Seems unusual the timing change is going already but it also does depend on the service maintenance that the car has had.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does sound like it could be timing belt, butninhave heard thay spark plugs coukd be loose cause weored noises, i know ???? But i have heard, easy enough to check hy yourself and for free. Seems unusual the timing change is going already but it also does depend on the service maintenance that the car has had.

cheers and yeah I thought the same, bought the car in January and it’s had a full service history so just seemed a bit strange that it was going already

·
Registered
437 Posts
cheers and yeah I thought the same, bought the car in January and it’s had a full service history so just seemed a bit strange that it was going already
Well i would do those checks first and see, im a big believer if you can do oil changes yourself corsa d should be serviced 2 a year oil and filter. But timing chains failing on these cars early is not unnheard of either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts