Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have problem that the steering wheel wouldn't return to centre after turning to the left and would stay say facing 11o'clock, but it's fine when turning to the right.
When the wheel is centred it go straight ,alignment was done, but still the same.
What else could be that the steering wheel won't return to centre on just the one side?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have problem that the steering wheel wouldn't return to centre after turning to the left and would stay say facing 11o'clock, but it's fine when turning to the right.
When the wheel is centred it go straight ,alignment was done, but still the same.
What else could be that the steering wheel won't return to centre on just the one side?
Have you checked out tyres ensure the wearing evenly and no unusual bald spots etc.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have new summer tires too, with same problem. I noticed that the front left side of my car is 7mm lower , could this cause steering wheel not to center? Springs are good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had exactly the same issue, as long as your have had the wheel alignment done (and I’m guessing they the garage checked the basics like tyre/suspension faults) then It’s the steering angle sensor that needs recalibrating, this is because if this isn’t done the ecu doesn’t know the correct values of left and right full lock so it can work out the Center point of the steering rack. On older cars without power steering the self centring of the wheels happened due to the front suspension alignment and mainly from the front camber adjustment. Now cars have power steering they rely on the power steering rack self centring the rack electronically mostly. Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts