Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Changed the steering wheel in my 2010 D the other week. Fast forward wheel all on nicely, horn working and all lights on the wheel and no airbag lights. Then I go to take the car out to drive, reversing off the drive i go to move the wheel to my left slightly and feel it pulling against me. Being stupid enough I fought back against it with a harder pull and heard what sounded like the airbag and/ or the steering wheel controls detatch. Light all gone off on the wheel, horn isnt working and air bag light on.

Take the airbag out and find that all the wires and clips are still on the air bag so nothing that Ive touched on the wheel has come detatched so Im thinking something inside the squib or steering coloumb?

Wondering if someone can tell me what I've done and how I can fix it that would be great. No horn and airbag lights flashing starting to do my tits in and would like to get it sorted.

Thanks all 馃槢

Registered
with regard to horn check the wiring for any disconnection or bad earthing.Airbag lights can be reset i presume.Hope it's not a fault with the control module
itself.Best thing is to remove the wheel and reconnect parts stage by stage again to make sure.

Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
Sounds as if the loom wasn鈥檛 in the right place, it鈥檚 been fine on testing and starting but when the wheel has been turned it sounds like the wiring has either pulled loose further down the line or sliced through the horn/ illumination wires. I take it it was a like for like replacement.

Registered
Sounds as if the loom wasn鈥檛 in the right place, it鈥檚 been fine on testing and starting but when the wheel has been turned it sounds like the wiring has either pulled loose further down the line or sliced through the horn/ illumination wires. I take it it was a like for like replacement.
it's a possibility if the loom is located in the column itself. i have not removed a steering wheel in a corsa yet. So i am not sure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts