Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to say sorry guys,

Over the last few months I haven't been able to log on the site as much as I like to. This is due to my business taking off big style & me doing 18hr days. The site has changed so much in the last few months in good & bad ways. Because of this I have lost the 'love' for login on regularly & not owning a Corsa doesn't help either. After a long time thinking I have decided to step down as a mod for the site. I just cant give it my all at the moment. I still will log in time to time to see how its going but for now its a good bye from me as a mod

Can the senior Admin please remove my mod status & pass it onto someone that can give the site what it needs

·
Feature Car Organiser
6,377 Posts
Sad to see you leave, you've always been around :(

You posted the very first reply to anything I'd posted on here, it was on my Limited Edition thread! That was last April!

Hopefully the business keeps building up and you have a good life out of it :)

Sorry to see you drop the position but I hope you still come online every now and then :)

·
Administrator
23,700 Posts
Know the feeling Adam, been a long time coming for me as well I just keep prolonging the inevitable.

Welcome anytime round here for a cuppa mate.

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Know the feeling Adam, been a long time coming for me as well I just keep prolonging the inevitable.

Welcome anytime round here for a cuppa mate.
Thanks guys. Means a lot to me. I want to be an active mod. Someone that any member can send me a PM. Don't see why I should be a mod if I cant give it 100%

Cole I wish I had time to even do that. Im up most mornings now at 5am and spend a few hours doing paperwork then either start driving or looking after the kids. Most nights I am still working away till 1am on things. My problem is that I cant seem to find the right staff to run the office. I have 3 people (my accountant, head of Traffic & my wife) that I can trust in the office. The others just seem to take the p*ss big time. It stresses Becky out when things don't get done because she then does it herself. Then she moans to me & I hate seeing here stressed as she didn't want to work with the kids. Because that happens she has do work more in the office than planned and she then the kids suffer. This week I have been able to work in the office to see what's been going wrong. I have sacked 2 people that I thought were good at their jobs. I have spent the day looking at their mistakes rather than spending it with my family. As you know I am laid back and don't loose my rag that easy but these 2 made me scream shout and nearly knocked them clean out. It doesn't help loosing my uncle that got me into trucking too last weekend.

My accountant & head of Traffic I have known for 12 years as they worked with me at the old Tileworld. They have the same ethos as me & they have known to be in at 5am working away so we can keep on moving at full speed. Never in a million years (18 months) would I think I would of grown this quick and fast. 30 trucks & 2 vans by the end of June. We are currently at 24 trucks & 2 vans. If I keep growing at this speed then I will be nearly at 100 trucks within another 3 years. I cant say no to work if you know what I mean. Getting 13 new contracts out of Spain from my old boss is the icing on the cake. I am now 1 of the biggest transport companies that ship Spain to UK within 4 days for the tile industry.

Just now its starting to wear me out as its a none stop machine. I really haven't had a day off in 18 months. Even when at home is work work & work. I bet you can understand that being a store manager. Things are always on the brain & you have to get them done no matter if its your 'supposedly' day off.

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
Far too a hectic a schedule Adam. You, Ollie and Cole were(are) helpful to me when I signed up. Know it hasn't been a easy time either.
Ps what about hiring someone to relieve some stress.

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Far too a hectic a schedule Adam. You, Ollie and Cole were(are) helpful to me when I signed up. Know it hasn't been a easy time either.
Ps what about hiring someone to relieve some stress.
It is but to make money in haulage its flat out all the time. CDUK is a family. I picked up things from members that have moved on & pasted it onto other members. I suppose I am a victim of my own success & wanting to push the business as much as we can.

·
Super Moderator
923 Posts
Sad to hear this.

Your a great guy and always been a great help to everyone.

I hope all goes well with your business and keeps on growing as fast as it does. Would love to do my HGV license one day so I would always pop you a cheeky message to see if you had any jobs :p.

All the best and hope to see you around every now and then and we all need to see the truck get faster and faster :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts