Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently just purchased a used Corsa D (2011), and the stereo was working perfectly fine.
I tried upgrading it to a Sony AX-1000 touchscreen stereo, which I had used in my old Corsa (Same model), however the stereo didn’t turn on.

I tried changing the stereo back to the old one, but no luck. It was here where I realised it must be a fuse, but after checking every single fuse, both under the dash and under the bonnet, not a single one is blown.

I have seen some tricks online saying to disconnect the negative lead on the battery for 5-10 minutes, but after doing this for an hour, still no luck.

I should also note, that above the clock, where the temperature would usually be, it is displaying an “F”, however, after a slight scare, I doubt this is “The dreaded F”, as it is in a different place, and my car starts up perfectly fine:

Car Steering part Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Gauge

I’m not sure if this indicates any sort of fault, but if it does, please let me know. I am more or less unable to interact with this screen due to the stereo not working, I can only set the date and time.

I have absolutely no idea what I can do, if it isn’t a fuse or a battery issue, what could it be? The wires don’t seem to be broken in any way.
Has anybody had this issue before, any ideas?

Also I apologise if this is the wrong place to ask for help, please point me in the right direction if so.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Have you checked the pins in the connecters are not squashed? It only takes one and it's not coming on I had it happen once and checked all the cables etc, they where fine, checked pins one had been pushed down accidentally so the stereo wasn't receiving the proper connection. You may find one aswell, just be gentle moving it back into place.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,404 Posts
A quick google of corsa d clock showing f comes up with fault on outside temp sensor, that’s in the front bumper, so unless you’ve been eating roadkill with the front end it almost sounds as if there’s wiring trapped or as Lloyd says, a pin not in correctly or bent over and giving a bad connection. Strange why it was all working fine before then as soon as you put the Sony in the problem started.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A quick google of corsa d clock showing f comes up with fault on outside temp sensor, that’s in the front bumper, so unless you’ve been eating roadkill with the front end it almost sounds as if there’s wiring trapped or as Lloyd says, a pin not in correctly or bent over and giving a bad connection. Strange why it was all working fine before then as soon as you put the Sony in the problem started.
I believe the F was there the whole time, not a huge deal to me anyway, I never used the temp sensor on my last car, just as long as it isn't stereo related :)

I did manage to get the stereo working, however, still not sure what the fix was, I just played around with the wires, reseating them etc, plugged the sony back in and boom!

Thanks for your help anyways :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you checked the pins in the connecters are not squashed? It only takes one and it's not coming on I had it happen once and checked all the cables etc, they where fine, checked pins one had been pushed down accidentally so the stereo wasn't receiving the proper connection. You may find one aswell, just be gentle moving it back into place.
Thanks for your help,

I expected this could be a very possible cause, despite checking the fuses over and over, and disconnecting the battery to reset the system, I never checked the pins! They weren't bent though, but after some playing around with the harness for the sony, trying to get the tightest connection I could, it worked! Out of nowhere, which I expect may be frustrating for some people who also have this issue.

Here's a list of things to check for anyone seeing this in the future:

Check the fuse, it'll be one inside the dashboard, I'm not sure if it's different for left hand drive, but it's third from the top, on the left, should be a yellow 20A fuse :)
Disconnect the car battery for a few hours, I've heard this works with other people
As you mentioned, check for any bent pins, or even rust on the connector could be a cause.
If none of these work, you'll most likely need to trace the cable for any issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts