Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im really p i ssed of washed my car tonite and found three little stone chips in my bonnet :censor::cry::angry::x

·
Registered
258 Posts
my bonnet n wings on my 1.7 are chipped to buggery but thats what you get for driving on southern ireland roads, They are shoot!

·
Registered
779 Posts
thats what you get for driving on southern ireland roads, They are shoot!
:( Yea the roads here are desperate, I'm afraid to get 17's with low profiles :banghead:

·
Registered
779 Posts
TBH i have an SXi with the 16s n the ride now is worse than with the 17s! very bouncy n rock a boat now!
:( seems you can't win then.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Damn i feel your pain as i caught mycar on a pillar in a indoor car park (full story in newbie forum) and THE DAY AFTER i picked up my car i was driving along in thunder an emence rain when i saw this big lorry on the opposite side of the road coming along swooping up stones from the road behind it so i tried to get as close to the curb my side as possible but this big stone decides to bounce twice once on my bonnet and once on my windscreen! i was screaming lol but luckily no marks, i have supaguard on so maybe that helped?

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
:( Yea the roads here are desperate, I'm afraid to get 17's with low profiles :banghead:
TBH i have an SXi with the 16s n the ride now is worse than with the 17s! very bouncy n rock a boat now!
I have 17's with low profile tyres on, and I couldn't really see no difference compared to my 15 steel wheels, which came with the car (I opted not to upgrade, as I already had some wheels to add on). The ride's a little bumpier, but you get used to it, and it's fine.

·
Registered
700 Posts
rhinoprotect.co.uk

this company has just developed a stonechip protection kit for the corsa vxr so im sure they can do it for any corsa .

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have 17's with low profile tyres on, and I couldn't really see no difference compared to my 15 steel wheels, which came with the car (I opted not to upgrade, as I already had some wheels to add on). The ride's a little bumpier, but you get used to it, and it's fine.
Yeah but when you order the 17s from the factory you get better suspension.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Yeah but when you order the 17s from the factory you get better suspension.
:\ Now I'm thinking I want 17's

Do the 16's on the Design look tiny? If I put 17's on how would it look without sideskirts. or do I really need to consider the OPC Line Pack (VXR kit) also.

·
Registered
779 Posts
They don't change the suspension, do they?
I think if its a design they put the same lowered sports suspension as the SXi - I could be wrong.

·
Registered
258 Posts
SXi and SXI + if it was 1.3 cdti or 1.4 16v actually had uprated suspension over the 1.2 on the C. The steering ratio and suspension is changed on the D if you order the uprated 17s.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts