Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I just got my first Corsa D, it's a face-lift 1.3 diesel with the stop start engine. I've had it about a month and the Stop/Start has only worked about three times. I've read all the other threads on this and tried all the basic fixes like turning off the demister, and all other unnecessary electronics and it's had no effect on it working. I went to Halfords to have the battery checked who told me its only got 30% life left which I believe since it looks like the original GM AGM battery. I've had the battery out and charged it but no change so have decided to replace it to see if that fixes the S/S problem but the two places I've been want £180 for battery and reprogramming(battery only is £125). Does the battery actually need reprogramming as I can't find anything about it anywhere on the Internet.

Thanks in advance

SailorBob

·
Registered
6 Posts
That can occur when the battery is about to die. It happened to me about 1 year before the battery died.
Reprogramming, I assume they mean to put the date and hour on CID and reprogramming the electric windows, both of the things quite easy to do in 1m... I have changed mine and only did this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply

What do you mean by the date and time on the CID? I've took the battery out all night and the radio clock set itself automatically and the windows went back to normal when I hold them in the up position. I assume they think it might have the immobiliser problem like the early ones had, mine is 64 plate first registered in 2015.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
596 Posts
Yeah get the best you can afford as the battery is the one thing that can make your day go bad from the start, go somewhere like a motor factors ( euro car parts Andrew page etc) and ask for the upgrade battery for a 1.3 diesel, you’ll thank me in the long run ( I got one for a 1.7 astra van 3 year warranty, upgrade from standard battery for £93 from Andrew page and it’s fab)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys, but does anyone have the definite answer if I change the battery will I need a professional to reprogram one of the cars computers or is the shop bull-sitting me into paying an extra 40 quid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Success!!

Changed the battery myself, when I phoned the battery place for the second time the salesman was honest enough to tell me it didn't need reprogramming. Anyways, I swapped the battery for a new one and the stop/start function started working right away.

Side note, anyone reading this thread in the future please note some earlier models of Corsa D (mine is a 2014 1.3D ecoFLEX) had immobiliser problems with flat or removed batteries. (moderaters please correct this if I'm wrong)

I would like to thank everyone who replied to this post giving me the confidence to just go and change it.

Stay safe and happy motoring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts