Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Got stopped for the first time tonight over my HID's... Seems the police in Edinburgh don't agree with them even though they are only 6000k 35W anti glares! Shame after Colin did such a good job too! Has anyone else had trouble with theirs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's quite frustrating after having them fitted not that long ago... Osram night breakers now ordered so I don't get pulled over again haha!

·
Premier Member
11,681 Posts
Welcome to the reality that we have been warning people here in Scotland about for 2 years and get ignored every time... :p

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've learnt that the hard way haha ;) I'm new to the forum so I was a bit late seeing the warnings!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I've not got hid's on my corsa, but I did consider fitting them until I heard about people being pulled and having vehicle defect notices put on their cars. What I don't understand is ,, what's wrong with having the correct hid's fitted? What do the police use to justify defecting a car with them fitted? Is there actually a law against fitting them?

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I've not got hid's on my corsa, but I did consider fitting them until I heard about people being pulled and having vehicle defect notices put on their cars. What I don't understand is ,, what's wrong with having the correct hid's fitted? What do the police use to justify defecting a car with them fitted? Is there actually a law against fitting them?
For HID's to be legal they have to be self leveling and have the correct headlight cleaners, without them they are illegal.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
i personally think its too much hastle having them fitted and then running the risk of having the car pulled or failing an mot just for hid's. my mate has hid's fitted to his clio, he worries all the time about getting pulled. ill admit the light output is amazing. im happy with just upgrading my headlight bulbs. each to thier own i suppose.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
the funny thing is, i had ran hids in my car for 2years (8000k 35w's h7rs) and when i put my car back to standard and put normal halogen lights in i found the light output was much better and there was actually a beam patten. hids produce too much glare and therefore light everything up except the road lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
the funny thing is, i had ran hids in my car for 2years (8000k 35w's h7rs) and when i put my car back to standard and put normal halogen lights in i found the light output was much better and there was actually a beam patten. hids produce too much glare and therefore light everything up except the road lol
Yay! First post!

Anyways. HID are best. No questions about it. The are superior and that is all.

On the other hand.

I recently fitted my Corsa with 5k 35w and its amazing, except I cannot use the pure light power. I've owned many cars with HID and they all performed exceptionally, because they were designed to deal with the huge amount of lumens which that discharge produces. Fitting HIDs on whatever headlight, that isn't designed to handle that amount of lumens, just ruins the whole thing. I have my headlight level setting at 2 and I get flashed all the time. Turning it down to 3 just defeats the whole point having them. Just a "cool look".

Also having 8k and with low headlight level setting I just very very bad, I imagine. So yea, regular headlights will have better performance. Light output drops over 4300 (supposedly)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts