Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys a few days ago I purchased a 2007 Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 automatic. Unfortunately I failed to hear a strange noise that it’s making. It becomes more apparent after the car is driven.

Would anyone what’s causing this and if theres a fix for it? And Is it also something to be concerned about?

Below is a video recording of the noise described.

Much thanks for your responses

·
Registered
117 Posts
It sounds like its on the left side of the engine as you are looking at it, it may be the timing chain but i am no mechanic so don't panic it might be something less expensive.

I would get it checked out as soon as possible if it is the chain and it breaks it'll cost you a fortune to get the damage it'll cause fixed.

Where did you buy the car, how long have you owned it, did you get any warranty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate,

Yes hopefully it isn’t the timing chain. I bought the car from a private trader literally 4 days and he provided me with 6 months warranty with WMS group. I’ve personally never used them but could be worth a try I guess ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would take it to a garage and get them to diagnose it then you can try to get it fixed under warranty if it is something serious.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hi mate,

Yes hopefully it isn’t the timing chain. I bought the car from a private trader literally 4 days and he provided me with 6 months warranty with WMS group. I’ve personally never used them but could be worth a try I guess ?
Since you have warranty, I would take it t back to the dealer and tell them of the issue, 4 days ago and has this noise, it should be really yours to deal with it, just take it back and them him of the grinding noise, is he likes he reputation, he won't just say " call the warranty company" I understand that's what the warranty is there for, but within 4 days , I would take the car back and give it a good look over, for my customers.

Does the sound increase or get faster with the rpm. You will need to do some checks .

1) See if it changes with cars rpm
2) take belt off and spin pulleys. But again comes down to if you can do these or not?

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
3 posts all spam and reported and yet again nothing done, this place needs a moderator it's happening too regularly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi everyone thank you all for your kind responses.

Just an update, I took it back to the dealer I bought it from and he assured me it’s nothing serious. My local mechanic said the same. It’s definitely not the timing chain as the noise disappears during higher RPMs. Besides that I’ve drove the car for the past week and it drives fine, so I will just drive it for now as I don’t plan to keep it long term. I guess the noises could be normal for these older cars

1 - 9 of 9 Posts