Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a corsa d 1.3 cdti (90 bhp) it was running rough so did abit of research and found out it was the injector seals I’ve been able to get 3 of them loose to come out but one of them is stuck/ seized.
Was wondering if anyone had any ideas or ways I could get it out .
Many thanks

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
812 Posts
You might get it if you soak the area in wd40 overnight but if it’s tight it may need a bit of heat to free it off, use a blowtorch or something but be careful what you’re doing. Don’t forget diesels produce a bit of heat when they’re running so it will be a tight fitting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might get it if you soak the area in wd40 overnight but if it’s tight it may need a bit of heat to free it off, use a blowtorch or something but be careful what you’re doing. Don’t forget diesels produce a bit of heat when they’re running so it will be a tight fitting.
Hi yes I have tried wd40 and carb cleaner and it’s still not budging im going to try warming it up and trying it then cheers

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
812 Posts
As long as there’s nowt that can catch fire! Tell you what there was a few years ago that would maybe do if it’s still available, freeze and release. Now how different it will be to the stuff that plumbers use to freeze pipes when changing radiators I don’t know but the principle will be the same and I dare say B&Q would have that, so that’s an option. The other one is ‘apply a bit of science’ or Yorkshire for give it a bit of attention with something heavy, see if the shock of hitting it would release it, I dare say there’s a seal that has some rust or something sat on top of it that’s stopping it coming out. In fact I’ve just looked in my Haynes manual and it suggests using a slide hammer to remove them, so if they’re having to use it on a new car, one that’s 8 years old or so is defiantly going to need a bit of attention with something heavy and hammer shaped!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As long as there’s nowt that can catch fire! Tell you what there was a few years ago that would maybe do if it’s still available, freeze and release. Now how different it will be to the stuff that plumbers use to freeze pipes when changing radiators I don’t know but the principle will be the same and I dare say B&Q would have that, so that’s an option. The other one is ‘apply a bit of science’ or Yorkshire for give it a bit of attention with something heavy, see if the shock of hitting it would release it, I dare say there’s a seal that has some rust or something sat on top of it that’s stopping it coming out. In fact I’ve just looked in my Haynes manual and it suggests using a slide hammer to remove them, so if they’re having to use it on a new car, one that’s 8 years old or so is defiantly going to need a bit of attention with something heavy and hammer shaped!
Cheers thanks for the advice will give it a try

1 - 5 of 5 Posts