Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to everything had my Corsa Vxr for about a year now but gonna start putting some money into it and do some mods.

my o/s rear shock absorber is toast..... so I have a few questions

do I replace them as a pair even though only one is broken?

what shocks should I buy? I been quoted 158 per side but not sure if this is good or bad?

could I replace the full suspension with a coilover kit? if so ... recommendations?

or would buying a full new suspension kit benefit me in the long run?

all help appreciated

cheers

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Get some coilovers for that

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Probs a bit late but may help others. Rear shocks are easy to replace check out this vid for any help

You don't have to but you would prkbs be better off replacing in pairs as it means they are more likely to wear together but it shouldn't be an issue as long as they are the same size

·
Registered
499 Posts
These shocks are bolted to the car using stretch bolts you shouldn't use the originals as they have already been stretched you need new ones you also need the torque setting to stretch them not doing so could lead to them becoming loose in future.

Watch video below from 5:11 - Torqued to 55 nm - then 60 degrees - then a further 15 degrees.

·
Registered
15 Posts
These shocks are bolted to the car using stretch bolts you shouldn't use the originals as they have already been stretched you need new ones you also need the torque setting to stretch them not doing so could lead to them becoming loose in future.

Watch video below from 5:11 - Torqued to 55 nm - then

1 - 5 of 5 Posts