Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just joined and purchased an Corsa D 2012 1.2ltr.

I noticed it had the cruise control on the left stork but turning it on after going 30 mph and used the brake once. No light on the dash neither. Did it include it in the Sxi? Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Does the cruise control light come on on the dashboard when you turn your ignition lights?
Think it was a factory option on the sxi

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the cruise control light come on on the dashboard when you turn your ignition lights?
Think it was a factory option on the sxi
Thanks for the fast reply. Yes I can see that cruise control icon on the dash when I turn the ignition on.

·
Registered
207 Posts
There could be a possibility that someone has tried to retrofit it but never added the additional wires that’s sometimes required….. where are you based about?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ah that’s a shame I’m miles away (near Edinburgh) the only real way to see if the additional wires are present is to check the multi connectors located behind the steering column and behind the glove box

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah that’s a shame I’m miles away (near Edinburgh) the only real way to see if the additional wires are present is to check the multi connectors located behind the steering column and behind the glove box
Yes that's a shame. Hope I can get it sorted.much appreciated for the replies though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
No worries, if you need further info or and help checking the wires, send me a message and I’ll help advise.
Just out of curiosity, does your cruise control light flash when you try to switch it on?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No worries, if you need further info or and help checking the wires, send me a message and I’ll help advise.
Just out of curiosity, does your cruise control light flash when you try to switch it on?
That's really nice of you mate. I'm sure it just lights up all thr icons then they all disappear apart from the brake light of course when it turns on.

·
Registered
207 Posts
So if you’re driving and have reached over 30mph used the brake and clutch then you try to engage the cruise control the light doesn’t illuminate or blink 4times?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ok so that sounds to me like your cruise control is only “half” fitted, so no doubt you will need the additional wire added from the connector behind the steering wheel to the BCM behind the glovebox

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok so that sounds to me like your cruise control is only “half” fitted, so no doubt you will need the additional wire added from the connector behind the steering wheel to the BCM behind the glovebox
Thanks. I'll keep you updated if I have any progression with it

·
Registered
44 Posts
Plug it into a decent OpCom and look in measuring blocks to check the brake and clutch pedal switches are toggling correctly. Then check the Set, Resume and Cancel switches are also being seen by your vehicle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Plug it into a decent OpCom and look in measuring blocks to check the brake and clutch pedal switches are toggling correctly. Then check the Set, Resume and Cancel switches are also being seen by your vehicle.
Much appreciated for the reply. For some reason it started working yesterday night. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
44 Posts
My nephew's car would randomly stop working and that was because the clutch switch was incorrectly adjusted. With the pedal up it was barely making a contact. Adjusting the switch cured it for good.
Just something to bear in mind should anyone else come across this thread.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good to know.
My nephew's car would randomly stop working and that was because the clutch switch was incorrectly adjusted. With the pedal up it was barely making a contact. Adjusting the switch cured it for good.
Just something to bear in mind should anyone else come across this thread.
Good to know. Thanks for the information.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts