Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me an idea which car i should buy between the SXi and Design as both have there positives so i cant decide.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
THe sxi is the higher spec and imo the higher spec car is the one i would buy, how about the sxi a/c?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Depends what you like.....Design looks more "comfortable", ie. normal suspension, sort of half leather trim and black dash instead of the silver in the SXI. I believe it has the rain sensor wipers as standard etc....

I chose the SXI since after sitting in the Design since the Design felt and looked like something my Dad would like (and he's 70!!)

SXI basically looks sportier but the suspension is hard so if you go down any non A roads be warned....

Mind you, years ago I had a TT and that had really hard suspension!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Sxi

I would get the sxi A/C and if u wanted the rain- sensitive windscreen wipers and automatic lights get the lights and sight pack works out cheaper that way.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i ordered the sxi with most of the available options and it was well under
10k after discount.

the sxi is to go for as you get gud spec and as ppl have mentioned you can add the options to it at a very reasonable price.

:yes: ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys, makes sense what you say about getting the sportier looking car and just adding to it the things that i want afterwards.

I think the SXi (ac) it is then!

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Depends what you like.....Design looks more "comfortable", ie. normal suspension, sort of half leather trim and black dash instead of the silver in the SXI. I believe it has the rain sensor wipers as standard etc....

I chose the SXI since after sitting in the Design since the Design felt and looked like something my Dad would like (and he's 70!!)

SXI basically looks sportier but the suspension is hard so if you go down any non A roads be warned....

Mind you, years ago I had a TT and that had really hard suspension!!
the difference aint that much with these models suspension wise the sxi is probably a touch lower but ride comfort doesnt change tbh between VX own suspension setups

·
Registered
27 Posts
Meant to add that I paid for the 17" wheels on my SXI a/c and even my wife who it was that said to me "just get the basic and don't pay for extras....blah blah" says they do look very nice.....

They really hug the road as well.......£200 well spent....

I like the look of the bigger exhaust at the back as well on the sxi...

Not sure what the point of the dark strips round the front lights is....but hey I'm no car designer!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hows the 1.7 cdti going? Have ordered one in Design trim with sports suspension and 17" alloys also, preferred the seats and black dash as my current sri has the silver one and paint chipped off. DamoSXI appeared to have major probs with his 1.7, got me worried I had made the wrong decision so would like to hear about yours. Cheers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yep admit damo's problems were a little worrying but unfortunately the law of averages mean someone's going to get a duff one. Must be absolutely disheartening!!
All I can say is that mine's been absolutely fine so far.

Takes a little getting used to driving the diesel (last car was petrol) and you have to work the gears and revs a little under 2000 revs since this engine is torqued up at 2300 revs i think, so it accelerates like stink when you need to in third/fourth but it can be a little laboured at 20mph round town and trying to accelerate quickly in 2nd or 3rd in low speeds. But when you're moving and need to keep ahead of that idiotic boy racer in his Fiesta at the lights...it leaves them behind easily...as I had to last night! There's a real sudden push in power when you need it which is nice!

On the whole very pleased with it so far, at least you won't have the reflective silver trim in your windscreen with the Design!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Cheers for that, reignited my enthusiasm and anticipation for delivery -mind you, it's taking bloody long enough!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts