Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have a bit of a prediciment, my car seems to have developed a tiny rattle more of a tapping noise, the car is only 1 year old and iv had it from new, i was thinking tappets but for a car thats a year old :s i hope not!! But iv recently lowered my car so iv voided the warrenty on suspention :/ shall i take it in and have the warrenty noticed or just leave it if its ment to make that sort of noice but to me it sounds louder than normal! And i have a friend who works for mercedes and he noticed it and said it seems loud!

P.s. it also has a squeeking sound, it changes pitch when you turn lights on so i guess its electrical, any ideas??

·
Premium Member
6,300 Posts
So its the sqeaking sound related to the tapping noise? A video wouldn't got amiss mate, try uploading one. Will help the diagnosis! :thumbs:

If its a Z12XEP. Could be Tappet's, Injectors or Timing Chain............. The list can go on, It is a very noisey engine anyway tbh. :dontknow:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So its the sqeaking sound related to the tapping noise? A video wouldn't got amiss mate, try uploading one. Will help the diagnosis! :thumbs:

If its a Z12XEP. Could be Tappet's, Injectors or Timing Chain............. The list can go on, It is a very noisey engine anyway tbh. :dontknow:
Yer its 1.2 and iv heard they are loud before and to be fair its only when it cold for about 10 mile so i guess its oil viscosity

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Iv done some research and a few forums and people say it could be 1 of 4 things:

Lifters
Tappets
Timing chain
Injectors

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
If it's tapping really loudly it will be the chain.

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Might be the chain. They're common to go on the Z12XEP.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Might be the chain. They're common to go on the Z12XEP.
:( its on a year old urghh ok bud thankyou ill check oil tomorrow morning and then take a trip to vauxhall and get them to check it out hopenfully its nothing to big

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
Doubt it will be the Z12 then. As you say take it to your local garage for a quick inspection.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So i took it into my local dealer and they said they cant hear it just wait until it gets worse :s!! So iv taken it into my own hands and done my research on the problem and a few car forums (subaru, saab, mercedes) and alot of them have the same problem i have and they put it down to sticky hydraulic lifters i.e. carbon debris in the oil ways.

Any way all of them suggest using

Wynns Hydraulic Valve Lifter Treatment

One bottle and within 300 miles problem solved! :) happy days but they all say how long will it work for! I guess only time will tell.

But do you think it is worth a shot rather than letting it get worse?? And could it do any harm??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts