Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

Temp light flashing, car with spanner light, yellow engine management light and not starting

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Jackchristie21 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 corsa d le 1.2 with 75500 miles and yesterday I drove about 15 miles and Temp light flashing, car with spanner light, yellow engine management light and I checked everything it wasn’t hot or boiling over the revs also started to go high at idle so I turned it off left it till this morning to see if it fixed it’s self and now it’s not starting still it’ll crank but not start? Also put a code reader on the car and still can’t find anything so any ideas or help would be really helpful

#2 ·
1 light = expensive
2 lights = very expensive
3 lights = pass me a box of matches!
Being serious now, is it a proper tech 2 reader or a generic one as it may be it isn’t picking the fault code. If it’s cranking, there’s power it’s not starting so it’ll either be fuel or spark. If all your fuses are good then you’ll need to find out if there’s fuel getting to the cylinders and a spark to ignite everything. Could be a sensor down somewhere which a tech 2 should pick up. Is there airflow too as I’ve known air flow meter pack up. It isn’t a definitive answer and I aren’t a mechanic but if you check those then it’ll help point someone with more knowledge in the right directions

#4 ·
1 light = expensive
2 lights = very expensive
3 lights = pass me a box of matches!
Being serious now, is it a proper tech 2 reader or a generic one as it may be it isn’t picking the fault code. If it’s cranking, there’s power it’s not starting so it’ll either be fuel or spark. If all your fuses are good then you’ll need to find out if there’s fuel getting to the cylinders and a spark to ignite everything. Could be a sensor down somewhere which a tech 2 should pick up. Is there airflow too as I’ve known air flow meter pack up. It isn’t a definitive answer and I aren’t a mechanic but if you check those then it’ll help point someone with more knowledge in the right directions
My mate is coming up tonight with a snap on computer thing to plug in and see what it could be but there’s nothing obvious atoll and it was running fine befor it **** it’s self aha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.