Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I need some help I recently had my alternator changed on my 57 plate 1.2 petrol corsa d ever since I haven’t been getting any hot air from my heater so I topped up my coolant as there was none left it drunk a lot and couple days later the tank was empty topped it up again with same result I’ve used a coolant system sealant which doesn’t appear to have worked as the tank is empty and my temperature light keeps coming on and off Does anyone have any ideas ? Please let me know thank you

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hi I need some help I recently had my alternator changed on my 57 plate 1.2 petrol corsa d ever since I haven’t been getting any hot air from my heater so I topped up my coolant as there was none left it drunk a lot and couple days later the tank was empty topped it up again with same result I’ve used a coolant system sealant which doesn’t appear to have worked as the tank is empty and my temperature light keeps coming on and off Does anyone have any ideas ? Please let me know thank you
Hey Pal,
Sorry to hear you having issues

Having your alternator will not cause any no heat issues inside the car unless somehow your mechanic when changing the alternator somehow pulled off hose that run coolant aka antifreeze inside the car car into your heater matrix which gives you your heat once you turn on your heater. You said you have used a coolant system sealer, usually people opt for this due to having the involved job of a head gasket issue. Now if you are loosing coolant and the tank is empty that could be one reason why you have no heat. If you have no coolant you get no heat, as that's what the engine makes hot and it's the heat from the coolant that warms you up in car. It could also be that the sealant may have blocked up the heater matrix and if that blocked you also get no heat.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts