Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys!

im looking into a 57 plate corsa vxr looks awesome! i heard piston 4 is a problem with these cars which is a shame :/

are the sri turbo's more prone to getting this problem? because i heard a while ago that the vxr has oil jets cooling the bottom of the pistons as well as the top to handle the extra power..

another question is that the on im looking at is mapped to around 240bhp, is that too much strain on the engine?

thanks! :)

·
Premier Member
11,681 Posts
Both are the same engine. Just different maps from standard so both can be mapped to the same power. :)

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Look after it and p4 shouldn't be a problem really mate, sure there will be someone here soon telling you better info mate .... Or fully forged:doublethumbs:

·
2014 Feature Car
2,071 Posts
Your right about the vixxer having oil cooling jets underneath the pistons as oppose to the SRi.
Iirc it's those, and the standard map which are the only things that are different. Bang same engine though :up:

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
476 Posts
p4 isn't as common as u think, if u fully warm up and down u will be all good but if u have the cash get it forged to ease ur mind

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies guys!

hmm thought it was a myth.. can anyone else back up the vixxer having the extra oil jets?

i do a 7 mile trip to college 5 days a week it that enough for the engine to warm up? i know p4 isnt that common but it still worries me.. i dont think its a thing i can do in the garage like everything else ive encountered :(

·
Registered
498 Posts
Need to give it a good 20 minutes before you even think about giving it some decent throttle to allow it to fully warm up properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
635 Posts
dont think you quite need 20 mins to warm it up, you just need to make sure you fit an oil temp gauge, then when that shows that the oil is warm your fine to give it a bit of right foot

·
Registered
498 Posts
dont think you quite need 20 mins to warm it up, you just need to make sure you fit an oil temp gauge, then when that shows that the oil is warm your fine to give it a bit of right foot
Wich people say is after about 20 minutes. Loads of threads on this and that's what people say bud.

·
Registered
635 Posts
possibly 20 mins in cold conditions, however i would expect a modern engine to get warmer in normal temperatures a lot sooner than that, however i may be wrong :)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Look after it and p4 shouldn't be a problem really mate, sure there will be someone here soon telling you better info mate .... Or fully forged:doublethumbs:
Any idea how much its costs to have forged and where ??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Banned
347 Posts
They do certainly leave a few people speechless once they have been mapped etc. And with a vxr people know what engine etc they are, sri t don't look no different to say the 1.4 apart from discs all round

·
Registered
124 Posts
Exact same apart from the a16 engines which have uprated internals to help fix the p4 problem but these are in the new corsa vxrs from 2011 onwards, (or round about then, could be 2010) As long as you don't race about everywhere and let the engine warm up a bit you shouldn't come across any p4 problems. Warming up your engine doesn't mean you have to just sit and wait 5-10 mins (or 20 :slap:) just simply drive careful/slow (i.e not hitting full boost) for 5 mins or so before you start putting your foot down. Well that's how I do things anyway :shrug:.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Exact same apart from the a16 engines which have uprated internals to help fix the p4 problem but these are in the new corsa vxrs from 2011 onwards, (or round about then, could be 2010) As long as you don't race about everywhere and let the engine warm up a bit you shouldn't come across any p4 problems. Warming up your engine doesn't mean you have to just sit and wait 5-10 mins (or 20 :slap:) just simply drive careful/slow (i.e not hitting full boost) for 5 mins or so before you start putting your foot down. Well that's how I do things anyway :shrug:.
Is this actually correct, does the a16 engine feature updated internals at all?

From what I've read the second cat is just moved closer to the turbo to cut emissions and meet new EU regulations , so it's just a slightly different exhaust system for the z16 and a 16 engines.

·
Registered
546 Posts
They haven't changed internals there has been a couple a16 engines go bang just different exhaust layout

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
Wrong.
There's a different part no. For the piston ring iirc but the A16's still have P4 go.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts