Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

Thinking about selling my D for downgrading

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ffrs1444 
#1 ·
So as title said...I've been mostly happy with my 1.3 D for the six years I drove it, but my situation & car budget have changed and I'm now considering selling my 80k mile D while it still has some value, in order to buy a cheaper 4 door car instead.

I'm considering several models-that are not Opel/VX/D's, hence my posting in this section-but my question is, would you think it's doable to sell my current car to a second hand vehicle dealer, and then buy an older/cheaper vehicle from him ? (of course, I don't expect to drive off with a big excess check-if any, it wouldn't be more than a few hundred £/€ tbh, I'm aware of that).

My other concern is car mileage and reliability-most if not all cars in my price range (€3.5k /£3k, which is what I would get from my D's sale) have 200k km /124k miles or more, do you think it'll still be safe to buy & run a car that has such high mileage ?

Thank you for your future advice,
French D

#3 ·
Its not worth it.

Think about it, the way car dealers make money is they buy a car then sell it for a profit; you want him to buy your car then sell you a car that's worth less....they won't make any profit that way.

Even if they did go for it they will find a way to give you a bad deal.

As you say the replacement car will have an extra 45k compared to yours - that is a very bad idea.

#4 ·
@ corsa sri ant: mainly first gen Citroen c3 -always liked that car and one of my friends own one that I've driven once.

@ u33db: thanks for the feedback, I'll keep that in mind. I did however find a car that only has 5k miles more than mine, which would already be much better. I'm going to check this car in person before taking any decision indeed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.