Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i pritty much have my 1.4 were i want it and its now to slow for my needs.

im thinking of getting the below....

has anyone experienced these as i have wanted one since i was 16 and love the fact its not a turbo'd hot hatch and it needs reving

FYI its a 2ltr N/A 16v

plans would be refurb alloys in grey and pipercross filter with custom exhaust system

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
We test drove one in this colour - my missus decided she preferred the corsa.

I loved it - only downside was was a bit noisy at 70 mph - but couldn't fault it and hope to get one to have a little play with.

Standard seats are good - recaros are better.

We drove the non cup version - so a few more toys. Loved the gear change - short (unlike the corsa!)

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We test drove one in this colour - my missus decided she preferred the corsa.

I loved it - only downside was was a bit noisy at 70 mph - but couldn't fault it and hope to get one to have a little play with.

Standard seats are good - recaros are better.

We drove the non cup version - so a few more toys. Loved the gear change - short (unlike the corsa!)
thanks for the info mate, the 70mph thing shouldnt bother me to much as i dont do motorway miles and i want a different exhaust system with more grunt anyway.

·
Registered
637 Posts
its a clio, picture seems to work fine
It's the filter on my connection blocking the image.

I haven't heard a bad thing about the sportier Clio's (except the usual Renault issues). Any high performance car will have the potential for higher noise (lower profile tyres, lowered and stiffened suspension etc) these are the sacrifices you make, I must say having a noisier and firmer riding car does make the longer journeys more tiring - it's why I am glad to have my nice, comfy SE Corsa; soft suspension is so good (never thought I would say that).

At the end of the day, test drive one (maybe on an extended test) see if you can live with it.

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
Great cars, really fun to drive. I'd get a cup or an FF though with recaros.

Downsides: poor mpg, I'm averaging 23mpg, you'll be lucky to get 26mpg if you drive carefully on v power. There not amazingly reliable as you probly guessed. Fair few rattles inside the car.

Good points: engine is amazing, so much fun to rev. Brakes are amazing. Handling is amazing. Enough power to keep up with most hot hatches (don't listen to people if they say they ain't that fast).

Watch out for the gear boxes, on the test drive work it through as many gears as you can above 5,500rpm (power band), any crunching (especially listen for fourth gear) stay well clear.

Anything else I should be able to help ;)

·
Banned
4,988 Posts

I haven't heard a bad thing about the sportier Clio's (except the usual Renault issues). Any high performance car will have the potential for higher noise (lower profile tyres, lowered and stiffened suspension etc) these are the sacrifices you make, I must say having a noisier and firmer riding car does make the longer journeys more tiring - it's why I am glad to have my nice, comfy SE Corsa; soft suspension is so good (never thought I would say that).

At the end of the day, test drive one (maybe on an extended test) see if you can live with it.
Long journeys are fine in a clio sport, recaros are really comfy and the rides fine on a motorway. The noise is mainly due to the close ratio gearbox so your revving a lot on the motorway. 6th gear was modified on 57 plates to make it better for cruising.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

i only drive to work and back mate and to my gfs , each trip is 20 mins max so it should be no problem.

i have tunnels all the way to work hence the custom exhaust system

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great cars, really fun to drive. I'd get a cup or an FF though with recaros.

Downsides: poor mpg, I'm averaging 23mpg, you'll be lucky to get 26mpg if you drive carefully on v power. There not amazingly reliable as you probly guessed. Fair few rattles inside the car.

Good points: engine is amazing, so much fun to rev. Brakes are amazing. Handling is amazing. Enough power to keep up with most hot hatches (don't listen to people if they say they ain't that fast).

Watch out for the gear boxes, on the test drive work it through as many gears as you can above 5,500rpm (power band), any crunching (especially listen for fourth gear) stay well clear.

Anything else I should be able to help ;)
cheers pal thats good to know

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Very good cars, get the cup spoiler too :)

I have the 182 and it has no rattles at all, its pretty solid, i dont know what people are on about when they mention rattles etc.

The 182 dash looks basic but it feels pretty well built tbh.

You will absolutely love the high reving engine, it feels like a turbo kicking in at 5k rpm and the engine note sounds ace.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts