Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I posted a link to my ebay sale yesterday and it didn't seem to get approved as far as i can tell.

How long does it usually take for a moderator to view and ok them?

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
As per rules you can't post links to your own eBay items. You can however post for sale items in the relevant threads as a premium member.

The post must contain the photo of the item with your username. Clear price and a line at the bottom saying you've read the rules and will follow them to the letter.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh right.

Thats a bit confusing - i read the guidelines on the bay section which said "Members who have not upgraded to Extra Membership on the site are not allowed to post up links to their own items as this is still classed as selling."

I kinda took that to mean i could post links up if i was a premium member/had upgraded :(

·
2014 Feature Car
2,089 Posts
As per rules you can't post links to your own eBay items. You can however post for sale items in the relevant threads as a premium member.

The post must contain the photo of the item with your username. Clear price and a line at the bottom saying you've read the rules and will follow them to the letter.
5.*You may not list an item that is available for sale elsewhere or at auction,
including eBay.*This is because anyone trying to buy your item here will have to wait until the auction has ended, and then may not get the item. Likewise while a deal is being negotiated here the item may sell elsewhere. The only exception to this rule is whole cars - which may be advertised here in addition to Autotrader and Pistonheads (please post in your thread when your car has been sold or traded in). If your items here are not selling and you wish to advertise them elsewhere - simply PM a moderator and he will close your thread for you. You may not advertise links to your own auctions held elsewhere. Any ebay links (including your own auctions) may be placed in the "ebay links" forum. This forum section does not allow replies, and is not visible to Google and the outside world.

Not according to this part of that rule. If OP posted it in the 'ebay links' section, then according to said rule, this is allowed?

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
Oh wow! The future of the forum right there, not knowing the rules. :|
I never saw the members premium membership which is why I mentioned premium membership. I was looking at him from a point of view as a normal forum member for which you can't post your own links.

No need for sarcasm. I give up my free time to do this and I def don't need comments like this.

Apologies to the OP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts