Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the time is on its way to change the otherhalfs car. She has a 1.2 sxi corsa c 105000 on the clock. She now need something a little bigger so we have looked at a few and she likes the new clio 5 door what does everyone think about these and how much should I be looking to get for hers?
Any help Is good
Cheers in advance

·
Registered
140 Posts
my sis' 09 clio was absolutely ****ed after 4months. Endless things breaking, she's a pretty good driver too so it wasn't due to it being thrown about.

Saying that we're a few years on now..

·
Registered
695 Posts
my sis' 09 clio was absolutely ****ed after 4months. Endless things breaking, she's a pretty good driver too so it wasn't due to it being thrown about.

Saying that we're a few years on now..
Sounds like she had a bad egg, my 10 plate le was a nightmare, i love vx but I don't think I'd buy another

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Wouldn't buy a Renault tbh

My mates 12 plate, covered 12k (ish) broke down 3 times in 2 weeks.

Overheated
Was taken to renault, they messed it up.
He got it back with oil leaks and other various problems.

·
Registered
635 Posts
astra 1.7cdti energy is the same price as the sri cdti corsa and has plenty of extra room and has a much nicer interior

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It the insurance and she drives about 6 miles if that a day lol so was looking at a small engine

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She's 21. Will there be any need for a diesel as she's only driving 6 miles a day I've never had one and don't know a lot about them?

·
Registered
635 Posts
hmmmm not if she only drives 6 miles per day, i missed that part, maybe try the vauxhall astra with a similar 1.4/1.6 engine in them, they have plenty of room and are well specced for the price?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmmmm not if she only drives 6 miles per day, i missed that part, maybe try the vauxhall astra with a similar 1.4/1.6 engine in them, they have plenty of room and are well specced for the price?
I will have a look I looked at new corsas but I thought Astra would be loads more expensive

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Aunt had a brand new 200cup RS, it had to have a new engine after 8k and the interior is pretty tacky tbh
The cups are mate, they have the cheap dash etc to save weight.

I havnt had a single problem with my 182 yet, ive only had it four month but its going strong for a 8.5 yr old car.

My gf has got a mk2 clio too, its done over 100k and she also hasnt had a single problem with that.

It passed its mot the other week with no advisories, thast a T plate, 1999 14 yrs old lol.

Great little cars but im not sure on the mk 3's tbh.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Astra's aren't that much more expensive, when i priced up a 1.7cdti corsa it was only 2 pounds more per month with the 1.7cdti astra, prices may be different for petrol engines but its worth inquiring about

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So Renault is just pot luck lol might take one for a test drive an I will look at the Astra as they look good to

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just a quick update after going to renault which is a 3min drive from my house on Sunday. I asked for a Boucher and specs he said he will email me and send things through post it's now wed (obviously) and nothing through yet I wonder what it would be like when they have my money???

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
don't get a astra 1.4 or 1.6 - not great and most report about 32 - 36 mpg mixed driving.

1.4 turbo is a good little engine though in the astra.

I have a 2.0 cdti - (diesel) I do 4.9 miles to work and same back. Haven't had a single problem with DPF etc. Had car since 1st June 2012. It does have a run very occasionally on the motorway maybe once a month. But mine is the first 2.0 cdti engine - not sure on the newer ones (which also have stat stop I think)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts