Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, sorry to restart this thread. My wife's Corsa timing chain jumped, thankfully no engine damage but once the mechanic took off the timing cover, it was found the oil pump was also broken in pieces. The mechanic put on the repair kit (bought OE GM one) and fit it all back on. He didn't take off the sump and although he is adamant everything lined up, it does not sound right and it's a little rough on idle. No oil light but there is some gooey mayo on the engine oil lid which suggests some coolant must have dropped into the sump even though it was drained before removal and replacement of water pump. I know there is mention of a TSB from vauxhall somewhere regarding removal of sump before reattaching the timing cover, but can't find it anywhere online. Does anyone have this? I want the mechanic to go into it again and ensure the locating dowels are in place, the gasket for the timing cover is replaced and sealant is used etc as he said he never uses sealant on these gaskets.

I want him to go back into the car as I don't want another oil pump failure and I want any coolant in the sump cleaned out but just need that TSB so he knows what he's doing. He is also adamant the crank pulley is fine as he checked it but you mentioned that oil pp failures cause the pulley to have issues. Hoping that's not the case for my wife's car. Any advice would be appreciated guys.
Thanks
Abul

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hi, sorry to restart this thread. My wife's Corsa timing chain jumped, thankfully no engine damage but once the mechanic took off the timing cover, it was found the oil pump was also broken in pieces. The mechanic put on the repair kit (bought OE GM one) and fit it all back on. He didn't take off the sump and although he is adamant everything lined up, it does not sound right and it's a little rough on idle. No oil light but there is some gooey mayo on the engine oil lid which suggests some coolant must have dropped into the sump even though it was drained before removal and replacement of water pump. I know there is mention of a TSB from vauxhall somewhere regarding removal of sump before reattaching the timing cover, but can't find it anywhere online. Does anyone have this? I want the mechanic to go into it again and ensure the locating dowels are in place, the gasket for the timing cover is replaced and sealant is used etc as he said he never uses sealant on these gaskets.

I want him to go back into the car as I don't want another oil pump failure and I want any coolant in the sump cleaned out but just need that TSB so he knows what he's doing. He is also adamant the crank pulley is fine as he checked it but you mentioned that oil pp failures cause the pulley to have issues. Hoping that's not the case for my wife's car. Any advice would be appreciated guys.
Thanks
Abul
Hey Abdul sorry to hear about your possible issues. Working through your question.

1) Mayo on oil cap: This could be nothing, as these engines do get condensation in the rocker due to short trips. Wipe it of and then take it for a good 30min drive without turning it off, if it's still there then possibly an issue if not most likely was just condensation. Also look inside your coolant reservoir and make sure no oil is in there.

2)TSB About sumo removal: I have heard something like this before but can't say for sure due to not done one, If I find where I read something about it I'll post, believe you have to slacken the bolts off or something like that but maybe @g30rg1e could shed some more light. Give this video a watch he mentions something about sump coming off
at around 6 mins

3) Sealant on timing chain gasket: Again I am sure this is not needed.

4) If you can upload a video of your vehicle maybe we can see or hear what the issue is (YouTube video).

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Abdul sorry to hear about your possible issues. Working through your question.

1) Mayo on oil cap: This could be nothing, as these engines do get condensation in the rocker due to short trips. Wipe it of and then take it for a good 30min drive without turning it off, if it's still there then possibly an issue if not most likely was just condensation. Also look inside your coolant reservoir and make sure no oil is in there.

2)TSB About sumo removal: I have heard something like this before but can't say for sure due to not done one, If I find where I read something about it I'll post, believe you have to slacken the bolts off or something like that but maybe @g30rg1e could shed some more light. Give this video a watch he mentions something about sump coming off
at around 6 mins

3) Sealant on timing chain gasket: Again I am sure this is not needed.

4) If you can upload a video of your vehicle maybe we can see or hear what the issue is (YouTube video).

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
Thanks for the prompt reply. I will wipe it down and down the line may even re-attach the timing cover by removing the sump and then. Cleaning it all up properly.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts