Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a Vauxhall Corsa 2013, 5 door. It is a 1.3 SXI AC CDTI EcoFlex. The Corsa is a diesel, currently on 64,000 miles. I have not had the timing chain replaced. When should I get this done roughly? Obviously with diesels the car is loud but it seems to be getting a little bit louder.

Thanks,

Callum

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi All,

I have a Vauxhall Corsa 2013, 5 door. It is a 1.3 SXI AC CDTI EcoFlex. The Corsa is a diesel, currently on 64,000 miles. I have not had the timing chain replaced. When should I get this done roughly? Obviously with diesels the car is loud but it seems to be getting a little bit louder.

Thanks,

Callum
This is not a maintenance item item vauxhall states tonchange, but if you use it like a timing belt your look at about 70k miles

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is not a maintenance item item vauxhall states tonchange, but if you use it like a timing belt your look at about 70k miles

Thank you for this. So i've got about another 6k miles out of it. What's the best way of telling if it is on it's way out?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Thank you for this. So i've got about another 6k miles out of it. What's the best way of telling if it is on it's way out?
Well this is the thing, you say it sounds alittle louder, but corsa are known to sound like rattly / tappety so you dont want to just change it for nothing, the whole point of chains were to last longer than the vehicle. But they way you can tell is it does sound horrendous and yoy may get some hesisation whilst sitting in the car as it could be jumping teeth. If can do a youtube video of the car on start and upload here would be better. But i bet your doing the typical worry about it when is nothing. But again if you want to have piece of.mind you can just change it and see it as a serviceable component in your own mind.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well this is the thing, you say it sounds alittle louder, but corsa are known to sound like rattly / tappety so you dont want to just change it for nothing, the whole point of chains were to last longer than the vehicle. But they way you can tell is it does sound horrendous and yoy may get some hesisation whilst sitting in the car as it could be jumping teeth. If can do a youtube video of the car on start and upload here would be better. But i bet your doing the typical worry about it when is nothing. But again if you want to have piece of.mind you can just change it and see it as a serviceable component in your own mind.

I'll upload a video tomorrow. I have always worried about it for a few months now and a few thousand miles but is still reliable. Of course it's a diesel so they're known to be noisy. There is a tiny bit of hesitation sometimes when starting my car. For example, it hasn't been ran in a couple of days and it takes about 3-5 seconds to start the car.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'll upload a video tomorrow. I have always worried about it for a few months now and a few thousand miles but is still reliable. Of course it's a diesel so they're known to be noisy. There is a tiny bit of hesitation sometimes when starting my car. For example, it hasn't been ran in a couple of days and it takes about 3-5 seconds to start the car.
With hesisation I meant more that when its tunming and you sit in the drivers seat you may feel a vibration feel, usually in your feet / bum area. A slow start can be many other things, weak battery, happened to me a few.months ago, battery was just old (8 years) depsite showing 12 volts. But lets start with the video on start up amd have it running and just film the engine bay with bonnet up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With hesisation I meant more that when its tunming and you sit in the drivers seat you may feel a vibration feel, usually in your feet / bum area. A slow start can be many other things, weak battery, happened to me a few.months ago, battery was just old (8 years) depsite showing 12 volts. But lets start with the video on start up amd have it running and just film the engine bay with bonnet up.

I managed to find a video from 2019. Please excuse the wind. The engine is a little bit noisier now. Streamable Video

·
Registered
423 Posts
I managed to find a video from 2019. Please excuse the wind. The engine is a little bit noisier now. Streamable Video
Being honest with you, sounds peefectly fine to me. Still do another video to fully ease your concerns, but i went through this back in 2015 on my 2013 corsa. Kept thinking it didnt sound right and people saying other wise. 5 years later and 15k miles.more otnruns perfectly fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Being honest with you, sounds peefectly fine to me. Still do another video to fully ease your concerns, but i went through this back in 2015 on my 2013 corsa. Kept thinking it didnt sound right and people saying other wise. 5 years later and 15k miles.more otnruns perfectly fine.

I recorded the engine starting and the engine whilst it’s running.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts