Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

Tint the Little Triangular windows?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Raising this topic from the dead...

Car is booked in for tints this coming monday and it is £130 all round with any tints i want...So.... I wanted rear 3 in limo black with the driver and passenger a medium smoke, But!, Do you reckon i will get pulled for the front 2???

·
Registered
93 Posts
The law states that front side windows must let => 70% of light pass through them, the Windscreen has to let => 75% through and theres NO limit for windows backwards of the B pillar.
Please remeber that most cars already have lightly tinted glass.

Lothian and borders police only had one light meter at the start of 2006, but I am led to believe they have purchased a few more now! And most VOSA inspectors carry them.

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/repository/Tinted Windows Nov 2005.pdf

Sean

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
The law states that front side windows must let => 70% of light pass through them, the Windscreen has to let => 75% through and theres NO limit for windows backwards of the B pillar.
Please remeber that most cars already have lightly tinted glass.

Lothian and borders police only had one light meter at the start of 2006, but I am led to believe they have purchased a few more now! And most VOSA inspectors carry them.

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/repository/Tinted Windows Nov 2005.pdf

Sean
unsure how true this is iv been told by a copper and my insurance you r allowed 2 have as dark as u want on back 3 even painted, but it is illeagal 2 have anything infront of the b post ( this includes the lil triangles on ours) but u are allowed up 2 a 6" sunstrip in up 2 medium smoke

·
Registered
49 Posts
all mine are done except for windscreen althought back 3 are limo black and the front are medium tint and looks well ya cant see into the car and thats the front 1s aswell unless ur close to the car then ya c see in the fron but not the back

·
Registered
89 Posts
unsure how true this is iv been told by a copper and my insurance you r allowed 2 have as dark as u want on back 3 even painted, but it is illeagal 2 have anything infront of the b post ( this includes the lil triangles on ours) but u are allowed up 2 a 6" sunstrip in up 2 medium smoke
As I understood the law, the front side windows must let at least 70% light through but in reality, as all windows have a light tint built in, any tint film applied is likely to take the level over the limit.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
i have been stopped by vosa a few years ago for my tints and he told me that you cant put anything on your front windows or you would make them illegal mate
As I understood the law, the front side windows must let at least 70% light through but in reality, as all windows have a light tint built in, any tint film applied is likely to take the level over the limit.
probbs both tru

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.