Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did try this & it would not work in C12 / C6 was extremely odd
Hi Guys,

Would be the logical process. However, given the fact that Raiser tried this it might possibly be problematic, but if an external mic was fitted and connector stripped and wired to connector C, it might work (as Raiser said, he did not have any wiring on connector C, so assume that this is for the factory fit mic in the overhead light?) As Raiser and I both have Zafiras, the overhead centre light might not be an option unless it can be retro fitted.

J.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi Guys,

Would be the logical process. However, given the fact that Raiser tried this it might possibly be problematic, but if an external mic was fitted and connector stripped and wired to connector C, it might work (as Raiser said, he did not have any wiring on connector C, so assume that this is for the factory fit mic in the overhead light?) As Raiser and I both have Zafiras, the overhead centre light might not be an option unless it can be retro fitted.
Yes i fitted the corsa D mic into the over head lighit unit as the wiring was there could not find the mic wire once beyond the glove box as i guess it was back loomed at the factory so they can charge up X amount of money to fit it later so spliced the wire at glove box rewired to B12 & B6 but took forever as i was trying all connector C at one point but refused to work for me on the Zafira B Elite 2011 sorry for confusion guys i forgotten id posted this on the Corsa D site i guess at the time i did because mic & head light & touch & connect span from the corsa D

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,137 Posts
A touch and connect afaik went into any vaux of that era, astra h, zaf a&b, meriva, basically if it had a cd30 etc it’d go in, when astra j, zaf c, insignia had the more factory cd400’s etc, ie the newer generation. Although after saying all that I’ve never seen or heard of a t&c unit being fitted to a corsa c.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Two things I would ask, Raiser, did your Zaf B Elite have a space in the centre light for the mic (normally had a hole or vent so it could pickup), also had the antitheft sensors in some? Not totally sure, but how many wires did your mic have? Have seen some with +, - and ground, others with + and ground. If it was just + and ground it really should have worked (theoretically!).

Dave, my Touch & Connect came out of a 2008 Corsa D, assume it was an optional extra at the time.

J.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Two things I would ask, Raiser, did your Zaf B Elite have a space in the centre light for the mic (normally had a hole or vent so it could pickup), also had the antitheft sensors in some? Not totally sure, but how many wires did your mic have? Have seen some with +, - and ground, others with + and ground. If it was just + and ground it really should have worked (theoretically!).

Dave, my Touch & Connect came out of a 2008 Corsa D, assume it was an optional extra at the time.

J.
My Zafira was wired upto the terminal block in the over head light unit then the mic simply plugs into that as its designed for same over head unit…
Yes the area had a little vent so it can pick you up speaking but no mic was present had to source it but the hold moulding was also present,
Two wires Ground & + one in each B6 & B12

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Zafira was wired upto the terminal block in the over head light unit then the mic simply plugs into that as its designed for same over head unit…
Yes the area had a little vent so it can pick you up speaking but no mic was present had to source it but the hold moulding was also present,
Two wires Ground & + one in each B6 & B12
B6 and B12? Mic goes in C6 and C12 unless I am mistaken. Thanks for the heads up on the Zafira centre light, haven't dismantled it yet, but mine is a 2011 CDTi Elite, so it may well have the facility to attach a mic, I'll take a look tomorrow. Mic part number is 13242355 if I remember correctly. Wires going down from that block connector in the light should, theoretically (a lot of theorising with VX!) go into the loom that connects to the back of the audio, presumably into the 16 pin socket and then out again into the C socket. Perhaps all the VX fitters do is add pins for C6 and C12 to enable the mic in the overhead light? Hey ho, just have to suck it and see.

J.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Read other posts /\ from my personal experience on the touch & connect in the zafira b mic would not work on C6 C12 was a game of moving pins all over the place till i got it sorted

·
Registered
13 Posts
So you finally decided on B6 (AUX In Right) and B12 (Aux In Left)? And presumably this worked OK? Personally I would have thought that B6 (AUX In Right) and B11 (AUX Ground) would have been the wiring, but as I said previously, VX are a law unto themselves!

Anyway, is your bluetooth mic still working OK?

J.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Its a wired microphone from the overhead light unit, the radio loom is setup by default for the CD30 so the B6/B12 was blank no wires attached there only did it on a whim of frustration works 100% fine i personally think the Loom on the Zafira b is not set up at all for the Touch & Connect unit but trail & error can be sorted out, i have all functions on steering wheel & also hands free phone calls coming through radio/car speakers only issue i have is not having the AUX port active however as we know touch & connect comes with Bluetooth so not an issue

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmmm, can see that the mic would work on B6 and B12, as that is the designation for AUX on the T&C. I wonder if when the AUX is connected to B6, B11 and B12 as per T&C wiring (not the correct positions for CD30) then C6 and C12 for mic it would all marry up together and both AUX and mic would then work?

One question, did you divorce the CD30 from your GID prior to installing T&C, i.e. setting GID to 'no CD' or something like that? Also, did you use Op-Com to input the code for the T&C and enable any functions that might be within that programme, always assuming that the vehicle recognises the T&C as original equipment.

Apologies for picking your brains, but want to try and get it straight in my mind before pulling out the old CD30 MP3.

J.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
i would love to know if that works. to be honest i was all about the AUX wiring when i first got the touch & connect but i never actually got solved as there was no wiring diagram like there is on the CD30 so was like needle in a haystack but once i noticed that the overhead unit had Microphone wired i thought how handy tried many diff ways but never wired Aux in correct place & Ground & + to there what would seem normal C6 &C12 position it may actually work as you say may connect the link between the B6 & B12 activating the C connector 🙈 if it was not such a faff i would be out there right now trying it but the original Radio quad lock is awful to get pins in & out weather i am using the correct pin types when i was fiddling and the original ones may come in & out smoother … wow SA over 😂

No just a simple plug & play as my touch & connect has the radio code with it…

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you still have your old CD30 MP3? If so, it would be nice if you could fill in the pin outs for the CD30 using the T&C layout I posted earlier? Perhaps we can then determine where the AUX is on the CD30 and work back from there - just a thought. Would do it myself if I'd already taken the unit out, but it is still in place and don't really want to do things several times over, rather do it once as it can, as you say, be a faff.

Hopefully we can get this solved between us - Zaffies unite! Ooops, shouldn't really say that on a Corsa forum!

J.

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK, thanks for that, much appreciated. Will probably start thinking of doing the swop in a few days, my daughter is using the car at the moment as her's is having some repairs. She is a teacher and breaks up middle of next week, so hopefully can get my hands dirty after that. Still waiting for some parts, i.e. mic to fit in the overhead light, Fakra antenna and the appropriate release keys - only have the round double din type, but the T&C requires 2 flat keys, and as the seller provided the cage I need to remove it from the T&C.

J.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Oh yeah, just a quick question on the pin outs, did you manage to disassemble the connector to add and remove the pins? If so, how the heck are they dismantled?

J.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,137 Posts
If memory serves you need to get something thin, like one of those precision screwdrivers and push it in from wire side to release it or they push in from radio side. If it comes to it you might have to get a bit basic on the connector itself and destroy it to get into where the pins are

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK, I'll give it a try. Some people say the connector has small 'pink or purple' tabs on the wire side which need to be released and the top bit slides away to reveal the tangs, but cannot see anything like that.

J.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
there are many video’s about can be a bit fiddling about but not hard by any means when you need to add pins to a new hole like on my conector c was a nightmare the pins would not go all way in so had to force them in imagine to do with plastics been new

21 - 40 of 44 Posts