Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK, thanks for the link, looks fairly easy when one knows how. Anyway, update to T&C installation. Decided not to go down the route of changing the AUX pin outs at the moment. Removed the CD30 MP3 and cage, inserted the new cage and attached the Fakra antenna, am/fm antenna and the existing wiring loom. Turned on the unit and it asked me to click 'OK' and insert security code - which I did and tuned in a radio station or two. Good sound quality through all 5 speakers. Haven't yet positioned the Fakra antenna under the dash, just have it dangling down between the centre console and the glovebox at the moment but will remove the glovebox and position it behind there somewhere - hopefully it will pick up some satellites!

So, why did I not change the pin outs? Well, I studied the wiring diagram on the back of the CD30 MP3 and, apart from the AUX pins, all seemed OK and the mic pins (labelled PH+ and PH-) on the CD30 MP3 were on C6 and C12 which is the same as the T&C. Haven't connected the mic into the centre light yet, but am hopeful that the wiring exists and the mic will work without having to move any pins.

Well, that is about all I have managed to complete so far - temperature in car today was 35c, directly in line with the sun blazing through the windscreen, must have lost 5lbs sitting in the car!

Things to do:

Connect mic and pair phone with T&C
Test remote steering wheel controls
Position Fakra antenna and test sat nav

Not particularly bothered about AUX, but if required in future will attempt swopping pins to alighn with T&C wiring diagram.

For clarity, below is the pin outs for the CD30 MP3, merely as a comparison to my earlier post containing pin outs for Touch & Connect. Raiser, can you confirm these tally with your CD30 diagram? Also, can anyone provide the answer to the following:

1. What is B6 : F Bus?
2. What does the term RSA stand for in block B, B1, B3, B4 and B7?

This is the view looking at the pins on the back of the CD30 MP3

A01 A05 A09 A13

A02 A06 A10 A14

A03 A07 A11 A15

A04 A08 A12 A16 [FUSE]

B01 B02 B03 B04 B05 B06 || C01 C02 C03 C04 C05 C06
B07 B08 B09 B10 B11 B12 || C07 C08 C09 C10 C11 C12

And these are the functions:

Connector A

- All pins have the same function as Touch & Connect

Connector B

B01 : RSA-L
B02
B03 : RSA-GROUND
B04 : RSA-SWC
B05
B06 : F Bus
B07 : RSA-R
B08
B09
B10
B11
B12

[Note - the AUX pins are on C rather than B as on the Touch & Connect - see below]

Connector C

C01
C02
C03 : AUX-L
C04 : AUX-R
C05
C06 : PH +
C07
C08
C09
C10 : AUX GROUND
C11
C12 : PH -

Apologies for the lengthy post, but thought it might help some folk, well it helped me understand the differences.

J.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
My car harness must have been replaced are rewired at some point!! so you have pins in all the connector blocks?! my C connector is totally empty are could i be getting the B & C mixed up, however i have a totally unused connector all 12 pins or blank…No idea what the F BUS or RSA sure i did google them at the time & got an answer but can not remember at the moment,

31c here yesterday was not going anywhere near my car 😂 good on you dealing with it in yesterday’s heat.

Got the rear pads to change soon as the heat calms down there down at 4mm starting to squeak heard horror stories about the rear pistons not always wanting to wind back easily 🙈

·
Registered
13 Posts
Where there is no indication ofconnection on blocks B and C there are no pins in the CD30 MP3 socket and no wiring going to those blank pins. However, where a connection is indicated wires are located in the loom block - hence my reluctance to swop out any of the pins as the PH+ and PH- are in the correct position.

Which model of the CD30 do you have? Mine is the CD30 MP3, but I believe there are a couple of different models, I think one doesn't have MP3 at least.

I'll try googling the terms, I did try the F Bus designation, but didn't come up with anything vaguely related. Interestingly one of the connections named RSA has 'SWC' after it and I believe this would relate to the steering wheel control, perhaps it means something like remote stork application?

Have you had any problems with the air flow from the air distribution unit? It appears to be a common problem with a lever detaching and no screen blow. Currently have an issue with low air flow throughout, even following a pollon filter change. Spent hours under the dash trying to sort it, but failing miserably. It may be a problem with the motor, but it sounds like it is blowing fine on all 4 settings - totally confused!

J.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Where there is no indication ofconnection on blocks B and C there are no pins in the CD30 MP3 socket and no wiring going to those blank pins. However, where a connection is indicated wires are located in the loom block - hence my reluctance to swop out any of the pins as the PH+ and PH- are in the correct position.

Which model of the CD30 do you have? Mine is the CD30 MP3, but I believe there are a couple of different models, I think one doesn't have MP3 at least.

I'll try googling the terms, I did try the F Bus designation, but didn't come up with anything vaguely related. Interestingly one of the connections named RSA has 'SWC' after it and I believe this would relate to the steering wheel control, perhaps it means something like remote stork application?

Have you had any problems with the air flow from the air distribution unit? It appears to be a common problem with a lever detaching and no screen blow. Currently have an issue with low air flow throughout, even following a pollon filter change. Spent hours under the dash trying to sort it, but failing miserably. It may be a problem with the motor, but it sounds like it is blowing fine on all 4 settings - totally confused!

J.
Same Cd30 MP3 model, My aircon / air circulation is fine only thing i could imagine is a loose pipe as once in the dash its all that click & connect plastic like whats below pollen filler to send air to passengers feet, Even when my compressor was leaking air still flowed out of all ports not massively powerful for rear passengers unless i turned some off from the front then rear gets more air, Yes i also click the re circulation air which sends out more in back also not bad just an observation which i am happy with

41 - 44 of 44 Posts