Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm having an issue getting opcom working on my laptop (win 10), I get the standard "no power" error message when I connect everything up.

I've previously been told I have the wrong driver installed for the OBD converter I have.
I think the one I purchased requires a 2012 driver but to be honest its all new to me so I have no idea how to sort it.

Does anyone have any opcom / china clone experience who could point me in the right direction?

Cheers

·
Registered
125 Posts
The clone opcoms are a horrible experience, unless you know the specific routes and steps to making it work.

Do you know what version is has on? Some versions like 1.39 will only work with the 2010 software (and will force update on 2012/2014, whereas 1.99 (fake version) will work with all software. Downgrading is very risky too and will likely end up being bricked after a few changes in my experience.

Overall, the 2010 software is best for reliability but you'll miss out some features such as ECU codes may be different (eg. a DRL fault will show on 2012 but not on 2010 since DRLs error descriptions wouldn't have been added into the program)

2012 and 2014 both are more common to give the no power message. There is a very complicated way to make it work, kinda.

Figure out which protocol is going to be used, such as SWCAN, HSCAN, PIN#x
Open the 2010 version and do a similar function that will use the protocol that you need
Once it connects on the 2010 version, go back to 2012/2014 and retry the connection and it should connect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The clone opcoms are a horrible experience, unless you know the specific routes and steps to making it work.

Do you know what version is has on? Some versions like 1.39 will only work with the 2010 software (and will force update on 2012/2014, whereas 1.99 (fake version) will work with all software. Downgrading is very risky too and will likely end up being bricked after a few changes in my experience.

Overall, the 2010 software is best for reliability but you'll miss out some features such as ECU codes may be different (eg. a DRL fault will show on 2012 but not on 2010 since DRLs error descriptions wouldn't have been added into the program)

2012 and 2014 both are more common to give the no power message. There is a very complicated way to make it work, kinda.

Figure out which protocol is going to be used, such as SWCAN, HSCAN, PIN#x
Open the 2010 version and do a similar function that will use the protocol that you need
Once it connects on the 2010 version, go back to 2012/2014 and retry the connection and it should connect.
Cheers for the response, sorry for being a bit vague, I have three different softwares I can use, Vauxcom 2014, 2012 and Opcom China Clone 2010.
I think I have version 1.99.

My issue is that even using 2010 I still get the no power error (I think, I will double check this today).
I'm attempting to activate the cruise control on the BCM (everything else is set up), so I'm not sure what protocol that would use.

Cheers

·
Registered
125 Posts
Cheers for the response, sorry for being a bit vague, I have three different softwares I can use, Vauxcom 2014, 2012 and Opcom China Clone 2010.
I think I have version 1.99.

My issue is that even using 2010 I still get the no power error (I think, I will double check this today).
I'm attempting to activate the cruise control on the BCM (everything else is set up), so I'm not sure what protocol that would use.

Cheers
When you select BCM, it'll open that popup to show it attempting to connect, you'll notice the list of protocols down the right side and one of them will be selected, that'll show you which protocol is being used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts