Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently bought a 11 plate 1.7 diesel corsa , looking to have it remapped and played with. Just wondered what mods to do to it before getting it mapped for better results. Cheers scott

·
Registered
489 Posts
Mine was mapped by thorney and gets 161 bhp with 259 torques and gets about 3-4 mpg more then before it was mapped and part of the map was a foam panel filter. If you want to get an exhaust with dpf delete it will only add about 8 bhp on top of the 161 figure but for the extra cost I dont think its worth it. If you want more then that you will have to spend a seroius amount of cash.

Also dont think a remapped 1.7 will keep pace with a vxr it wont simple as that. But a car that can give 160bhp, gets 50 plus to the gallon and is £30 a year to tax isnt that bad a comprimise. Make sure you check with your insurers how much extra premium a remap will cost as you will need to declare it do not believe anyone who says you cant detect a remap you can its as simple as that.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Panel filter, dpf remove and get it mapped to stage 2 ;)
Umm you will get around 168 mark with an exhaust and dpf delete on top of a panel filter. If you want more then 170 bhp you will have to spend a lot of money upgrading to better injectors and an intercooler. If you dont do these things and put a higher spec map you will cause problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm also looking to remap my 1.7sri after its 1st service, but wanted to change afew bits before doing so, I've been trying to find a decat for them but nobody really does tuning parts for diesels :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts